“Beautiful place, a bit overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Olio and Farina
Ranked #33 of 295 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful place, a bit overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Location and atmosphere were really nice. Some classical Italian music made it charming.
This is a café/deli, so expect a limited menu, but this suited us. The pasta dishes seemed good value (although we didn't have them) but the paninis were certainly overpriced. 6.50 for a little ham/cheese and chorizo and not even crisps (only a bit of salad) is even more expensive than the average Dublin lunch.
House wine was however nice and generous enough. Service was good too.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Limerick, Ireland
“nice brunch offer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice to sit outside on sunny afternoons and enjoy pedestrian traffic through Little Catherine Street. They do very tasty coffee and nice selection of lunches.

Visited August 2013
“Really wanted to love this place... But not up standard ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Oh I'm annoyed because I really wanted to love this place and give it 5 stars but unfortunately that's not the case. This is a lovely situated place , quite and quaint and had a great jazz band playing on the Friday night which was a lovely touch but sadly when it came to dinner our good vibes slowly faded away.... The menu is very limited but we had thought since so little maybe the chef but more time and quality into the food , oh dear not the case. Brucetta was very average could do better at home, the pasta was so hard now I know Italians eat there pasta al dente not like us irish but trust me this was seriously hard I didn't send it back I I was with a party of 10 and people would be waiting for me to finish so I tucked on as best I could. I also ordered garlic bread it's the strangest thing ever burnt toasted garlic almost like it was done on the George foreman grill but the strange thing was chilli flakes all over the top, I didn't ask for it don't like chilli so why???? the desert however was lemon drizzle cake that was spot on really nice can't complain there. Then lastly there was no salt pepper on the table, no water throughout the meal and no ice bucket for our warm wine. sadly this place has a lot of potential but misses the mark in so many ways. Would not recommended.

Douglas, Cork
“Lovely coffee stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were going for a walk around on Bank Holiday Monday and came across this charming coffee shop. We weren't too hungry after breakfast, but they had a lovely selections of cakes. I had a slice of apple tart and a hot chocolate and my Mum had a large cappuccino and a slice of apple tart. Lovely and nice clean toilets. Would definitely recommend and will return on my next visit to Limerick.

• Visited May 2014
Limerick, Ireland
“Characterful, tasty and very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This has become my favorite coffee shop in Limerick - a city with a plentiful supply of very good ones. Not alone is the coffee - including the decaf - excellent but the snacks, pastries and wine are also top class. It's a small place - basically two large rooms knocked together - with a mishmash of furniture and Italian memorabilia, so it cal fill up easily Lunches are simple and in the early evening there are plates of enticing antipasti to accompany the wine. I think the selection of wine available by the glass could be wider but that isn't easy for a small place to manage. Located in a small pedestrian street in the very centre of Limerick, this is a place worth seeking out.

• Visited March 2014