“Really nice food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hi Way Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 295 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hi-Way bar & restaurant provides a wide range of food & beverages ranging from breakfast to carvery lunch and a al a carte menu. We serve breakfast each morning from 9-12. Our carvery menu is served from 12-3 Monday to Friday and 12-6 on Sundays. Our carvery menu consists of 8-12 choices along with a wide selection of sandwiches, salads and wraps from our salad bar.Our best deal for the carvery menu would be our 3 course meal for €14.95 which is available all week long. Our al a carte is served Monday -Wednesday 3-8, 3-9 Thrsday & Friday. It is served from 12-9 on Saturdays and 6-9 on Sundays. Our Food selection ranges from Irish, Asian & Italian. We offer any 2 main courses for €22 or an early bird option 4 course meal for €19.95.
Cork, Ireland
“Really nice food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I ate here recently with my wife and mother and we were all impressed. Two of us had the Chicken Maryland, a hi-way classic, and my wife had a Cajun chicken pasta dish. All were really tasty and the portions were very good.

We also had desert. I had the malteser cheesecake, to be honest I was a little disappointed with it...it lacked a bit of flavour. However the chocolate ice-cream with it was delicious. My wife had the profiteroles and she said that they were nice, but not amazing.

The service was excellent, really friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The atmosphere is also really nice.

All in all I would highly recommend the hi-way for lunch.

Cork
“Pleasant & tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hadn't eaten here in over 6 years and even though this restaurant has been through some changes in ownership I was curious about how it was run these days. The menu is full of choices and the staff were attentive. It was quiet when I ate there this past week so I'd imagine the wait might be a little longer if crowded. Portions were huge too which may not aid a diet!
This restaurant is next to a pub and parking is quite limited outside so plan a taxi/bus/walk to try. I would definitively visit again soon.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Limerick, Ireland
“Return visit first time review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have been here on lots of occasions & it never occurred until recently I have never reviewed this restaurant. The Hi Way has never disappointed me which I suppose is why I have taken it for granted. It just get better every time I go there. Great value for money, fantastic food & relaxed atmosphere. There is not many places that I can say this about. Great favourite of mine for some delicious foods.

• Visited May 2014
Limerick, Ireland
“First Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was suyrprised and very happy with my dining experience last week in the High Way, it is great value with nice sourondings, staff not bad either.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The hi way is a limerick staple
I and my family have eaten there a few times
There's something for everybody on the menu the panini with ham is particularly tasty
The atmosphere is always relaxed the locals love to see both familiar and new faces
There's plenty of parking in the front and the back
On a nice sunny days there's plenty of seats outside to bask in the sunshine

Visited March 2014