“Best in limerick”

Docklands Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I live in Limerick, and spend alot of time in the restaurants for lunch, dinner etc.

I love this place. Food is great, all locally sourced from the restaurants farm.

Service is very good, staff are great fun and very professional.

Cheers guys, and congrats on a great new restaurant.

David malone

1  Thank danielm82

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Myself and my husband tried it out for his birthday on a Saturday at 7pm. My first impression is it's very casual. Definitely not a night time place. Decor was very casual and music was not suited for night time.
We were seated straight away and given a bowl of bread. One of the bits of bread were totally stale. This set the tone for the night. We ordered our started which was fine and everything seemed ok until my started (potato skins) arrived and the portion was tiny. One very small potato cut in half with a tiny salad. I was dissapointed with this but didn't say anything but for €5.95 you would expect more.
Main course was fine portion wise and food wasn't too bad. I got the sicilian pasta and husband had a steak. The waitress said I'll be back with cutlery. 5 minutes later while our food was going cold she still hadn't arrived back. Eventually another waitress arrived with them!
Finally we were going to go away before dessert but said we'd have a look at the options in the end. Again the waitress said I'll be back with menus and again 5 minutes later no sign so I went up and tried to pay the bill. I was informed that they didn't take cards! So neither of us had cash which was ridiculous! In this day and age to not have a card machine! I know they are new but we couldn't believe this. The manager (I presume, a Dublin guy) came down to apologise and say we could drop the money in again if we were passing or have a free meal basically! Husband went off to go to the cash point and was going to give them cash while I waited. In the meantime I received a phonecall from him saying that there was a parking wardon outside and it was pay and display. We were under the impression parking was free. I went to sit into the car then and husband went in to pay the bill. Food was very reasonably priced but service was terrible and I would never go back. Oh another thing - all they had was Carslberg and Stella (which was only put in an hour ago so they weren't sure how cold it was - the waitress said). So husband doesn't drink either so had no birthday drink! Joke!

Reviewed 3 April 2011

Four of us went here for Mother's day and we arrived a little later in the afternoon to avoid the usual sunday lunchtime. The restaurant was still busy, however we were greeted and asked where we preferred to sit, which was a nice touch. The restaurant is very clean & well laid out.
The restaurant is quite plainly decorated, with pictures of quay scenes and petrol blue seating, which reflected a comfortable, airy ambience.
The two waitresses on duty were very friendly and knew how to do their job well.
The menu is very good value for money and the steaks are the best I've tasted in a long time, a lot could be learned by other restaurants in the area.
The menu explains that the steak you order has been reared on the farm owned by the family who run the restaurant and gives details of the farm, brilliant idea considering we like to know whats in our food.
It also gives you details of exactly how to decide which steak to order, ribeye, etc.
The menu offers chicken, fish, gourmet burgers etc as well, so will cater for many tastes. Starters include: baby back ribs, deep fried brie, bruschetta etc, all well presented and just the right portion size.
Desserts include: Chocolate brownie, apple pie, creme brulee etc.
The mains are served with salad and potatoes cooked as you wish and desserts are served with cream or ice cream. There are plenty of side dishes to order as well.

There is a good wine list, beers and soft drinks. Bottled water is served as complimentary, as is fresh bread.

The staff are attentive whilst also allowing you to enjoy your meal. Our steaks were cooked exactly the way we had ordered and presented perfectly. The meat was just fabulous.

Parking is available and the restaurant is easily accessible from the Dock Road.
All in all, we will go back to try other dishes, but it will be hard not to choose the steak. Well done lads, keep up the good work.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

Visited restaurant with a group of 11 people for dinner. Most people had 3-4 course dinners. Personally I had BBQ chicken wings for starter, stirlon steak for main and brownie for dessert. Most people had a few beers or wine with the food.
Cannot praise the food and service enough. Servers were very friendly and willing to have some fun. My steak was cooked to perfection (medium for me) with a the correct sized portion of size salad and chips to go along with it. All the food was presented great. Everybody else at the table really enjoyed the food with no complaints.
The final price was excellent value for money and I think I will be eating there many times again in the future.