“Not good - not good at all” 2 of 5 bubbles

Docklands Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Limerick
“Not good - not good at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We tried the Dockland Steakhouse last Thursday as we had heard a few good things about it.
First off they don't accept cards so make sure you have cash on you, actually they don't even have a cash register from what I could see, I got my change back out of a drinking glass.

I ordered off the early bird menu, I had the rib starter and the steak for main course and my other half ordered sirloin from the main menu. I was told after asking that my steak would be 10oz, it was about half that.
Our steaks were ordered medium & medium rare 40 minutes later both had to be returned as they came out well done. All steaks are served with sauté onions and mushrooms, I asked for no mushrooms, instead I got burnt fried onions with bits of mushroom.

We asked for side salad and home-made chips with our steaks, half of the chips were raw and the salad that we asked for without dressing came out covered in dressing. We got this replaced with another side salad which was a few green leaves that looked like they were just taken out of a bag of salad you get in the supermarket.

We didn't stay around for dessert as we had had enough. We were not the only table who had problem that evening, there was only two waiting staff on and there were probably seven tables with people seated. A few different tables sent food back and everyone was waiting too long for their food, a couple seated behind us had to remind the staff that they had not received their main course.

One thing I will say is that when we finally got the steaks that we ordered the quality of the beef was excellent but a steakhouse should know how to cook a steak to order. Oh and the seats that are from the idian restaurant that was there previously are comfy too.

Unfortunately we won't be returning.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Concpet

Limerick, Ireland
“amazing place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

i go here often to eat and love it every time all my family do, really relaxed and staff and chef brilliant, thank you dockland steakhouse x x x x

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank nessa11100
Limerick
“Close Down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Myself and my partner went here on a Friday night. I'll keep this short and sweet....I think they should close down. There was too many things wrong with the place. They have to be losing money as there was hardly anyone there too

Visited August 2011
1 Thank WoodBabes
“Fab steaks!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Have to say the food was "fantastic"!! I had breaded Brie for starters which was superb!!! While my partner had mushrooms! We had lovely warm bread while we were waiting for our starters & the waitress could not be more helpful.. We both opted for steaks & they were excellent!! Home made chips Mmnmm.... Plenty of top up with coke & with a relaxing atmosphere!!! I agree that you do need to make sure you have enough cash as we were quite surprised that they take no cards!!! I would recommend this resturant.. It's new!! Give it a chance!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

I booked a meal here for a group 16 people for a Saturday night, not sure what to expect as I had never been here before and had heard mixed reviews. I need not have worried, from the time we arrived we were treated like royalty. The young blonde waitress that served us was a breath of fresh air, nothing was too much trouble for her. Service was a bit slow - but we did not mind this as we were out for the night and there was a very relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant. The food was excellent, between the 16 of us we tried all the starters, the deep fried brie was a bit slow in coming, but when it came it was perfect. The main courses which were mainly steaks cooked to everybodys taste.
I had a fillet steak and served on a bed of mushrooms & onions it was the nicest steak I had tasted in years, the homemade chips were an added bonus. Finally the desserts, all homemade, I had wildberry cheesecake it was divine, others had creme burlee, apple pie and meringues. All had tea of coffee and the waitress came on numerous occasions with refills. Everybody in our group was happy with their meal and for €23.95 a head for the 4 course, it was great value and we will be returning again

• Visited June 2011