“Great food at good prices”
Review of Bambu

Bambu
Ranked #42 of 314 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2013

€40 is their offer for a 3 course meal with tea or coffee and a bottle of wine for TWO people. Food choice on this menu is huge. The few items that attract a supplement only cost a euro or so extra. Food is well cooked and presented. I would have given 5 stars except that the restaurant was busy and when I went to the toilet my companion was moved to a small table at the entrance to make the better table available for a new client. As I had not even finished my dessert, I thought it was not correct. My companion had consented in my absence so I felt I could not complain and the all other tables were occupied by then but this should not have happened. Still would go back for food, value and service in general. Decor could be improved. On a budget, this value cannot be beaten.

There are newer reviews for Bambu

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Perfect restaurant to go to if you don't want to spend a huge amount of money. The staff are friendly and the service is good. The menu is very big and think that maybe the food could be of a higher quality if there were less options but for the price you can't really complain. Loads of options to cater for anybody.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Had a delicious Red Curry here tonight, but the portion of rice was small. The rice was finished when I still had 1/4 of the curry left. I asked for another scope of rice and was told I would have to purchase a side portion (1.80 euro).

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Just had the most fantastic meal in Bambu. Great meal deals. Great choice from thai to indian. Very impressed.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a table booked for 8.30, turned up on time and shown to a table that was big enough for one. We have been there before so we expected no less. What was hard to take was the noise in the place, there was a group there that were loud and it was like trying to eat in a night club. Fair enough but it was only 9pm and my wife and I were out for a nice night.
We ordered from the €45 euro menu, starter was only ok but the noise was unreal.
As the waitress took away the plates from our starters the waiter was standing behind with the mains. It was like force feeding.
The noise didn't let up and my wife and I got up in the middle of our meal and paid and left. The manager saw that we were not happy but he hid and left it to an "innocent" waitress that tried to make stupid small talk.
There was no apology or attempt at making things right just some bs about a plan for extending the place.

I can honestly say I will not be back to bambu because the management don't care about customers only custom.