“Restaurant”

Ranked #63 of 304 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The River Restaurant at the Limerick Strand Hotel offers a truly special dining experience overlooking the magnificent River Shannon. An emphasis on fresh, seasonal produce all of our food is traceable and where possible we use locally sourced produce. Our team, the menus, the setting and above all the food ensure that The River Restaurant is considered to be one of the best restaurants in Limerick. Tom Flavin Executive Chef awarded 'Best Chef Limerick' at the Irish Restaurant Awards 2013 & 2014. Best Breakfast 2014, Hotel Catagory 2014 Georgina Campbell Awards.
“Restaurant”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant on the 14th of February 2014 with my boyfriend. The stuff were lovely and welcoming to us. The food was lovely and the waiter & waitress who was surviving us were also lovely kept making sure we were ok and everything. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone it's lovely and the food is unreal. My boyfriend and me will be back soon :) thanks for a great night! Ye have great staff working for ye!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Good food, Excellent Wine list and great service”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We dined here kind of by surprise as I forgot to make a booking at our regular haunt.
It was quite a happy mistake!
The service here was excellent, and the menu was quite good.
Great utilization of local produce, coupled with attentive and personal service.
The steak was excellent, amongst the best I've had in Limerick.
My GF was very happy with her courses and overall, it was an excellent dining experience and one that I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone.

• Visited January 2014
Newbridge
“Great food in Limerick”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Went midweek to River Restaurant to catch up with a friend. Both ordered off fixed menu. Excellent choice. I had chicken liver parfait. Strong earthy flavour, well prepared. For main course I had fillet steak. I ordered it rare but it was more medium/rare, but was still succulent and juicy. For desert I had a pistachio, rosewater parfait. Very fragrant and delicious. Two glasses of house Cab Sauv went nicely with meal. Good value for an above average meal.

• Visited November 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“STILL AN 'AWFULLY NICE' PLACE TO BE AMONG 'AWFULLY NICE' PEOPLE AND HAVE AN 'AWFULLY NICE' LUNCH.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We went back to the River Restaurant for lunch and were not disappointed.
The glass of Proseco gets everyone in the right mood.
The soup or salad or both make excellent starters.
The main courses are great, although they don't vary very much.
The desserts can only be described as 'sinful', so be prepared for a good walk afterwards
to loose the extra weight gained.
The coffee/tea is nice to finish off on a good note.
The staff are more than helpful.
All in all a great experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank noelglee
Ireland
“Food good, service slow”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food was excellent and the staff very friendly. There were a few large groups so it was hard to get the attention of staff. Early bird menu very good value. Will return.

• Visited June 2013