“Best Western Limerick”
Review of Pery's Hotel

Pery's Hotel
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Good Central location. Good entertainment and good average facilities. We were a bit put off by odours on some landings/hallways, that said the odours were not in our room. Our room was very small in comparison to friends rooms who paid the same price so ask for a bigger room when booking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your review on your stay at our hotel. I really do appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. I note your comment regarding the smell in the hallway. To be honest, I do completely agree that it is very unpleasant. We are very much aware of this issue and we are trying our best to resolve the matter. The problem lies with the underground piping of the hotel. We have hired a number of professional experts who are currently working with us to try and establish the exact cause of the problem so that we can fix it as soon as possible. I very much wish that this problem was resolved long by now however it is a very difficult problem to fix. I would like to assure you that we are doing all we can and will continue to do our best until the problem has been completely rectified. I also noticed your comment on the size of your bedroom. I have made note in your profile that you are to be allocated a large room for all future stays. Once again I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback as it is only through this very important information that we can continuously work on improving our customers experience.

Many thanks,

Valerie Ryan
Front Office Manager
BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Have stayed here twice over the past few months once for business & once for pleasure. I have found the hotel to be perfect for my needs at least. It is very close to the main streets for pubs & restaurants and was only 15 minutes away from Shannon where I was working. Ate in the bar one night & the food was surprisingly good & excellent value. They have Sky Sports so was able to watch the sports while having a few pints.Breakfast was also tasty the next morning. While it is not the most luxurious hotel one can stay in I would certainly recommend it if in Limerick for a few nights & don't want to blow the budget.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rockyplace

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is very rewarding to read such positive feedback. I have shared this review with the rest of our team so that they too can read the wonderful comments you have made. I look forward to hopefully meeting with you in person on your next visit. Thanks again.

Valerie Ryan
Front Office Manager
BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2014

i stayed at perys hotel for the easter weekend , i really enjoyed my stay in limerick , firstly have to say the staff at the hotel were brilliant and very helpful during my stay , they gave me great advice on where to visit and more than willing to help you in anyway possible which was really nice of them , the location of the hotel is excellent close to everything a few minutes walk to everything , room was basic but clean , the shower could be more powerful , breakfast was ok with good choice depending on your taste , would i stay here again if visiting limerick , yes i would as the saff are soome of the best i have encountered anywhere , if the whole hotel was modernised it would be a really nice place to stay , thanks for a really nice weekend .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

It's a bad sign when the management don't want to serve the customer!? Myself and a friend arrived there for a chat and tea and it was terrible. The seating area in the bar looks like a makeshift retirement home. Bits of bread or scone crumbs on the floor. Few dirty tables. The smoking area is absolutely filthy an the seating out there is in serious need of up dating. The toilets are smelly (male) the soap is empty. That bin under the hand drier I've never seen empty. Very poor for a city hotel with such history in the city of limerick. Not impressed at all.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Giveroffacts
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is one of the less expensive hotels in Limerick and good value. It is very central literally a three minute walk to both train station and city centre. There is a large bar and restaurant. My room was very big but maybe a little on the cool side. I did not notice heating coming on at any time.

Breakfast was very good with quality products used. Good to see the hotel is not cutting back by using cheaper cuts etc. Service was friendly and prompt.

The hotel also has free parking just around the corner in a secure car park.

Will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Limerick overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street as traffic noise is evident in the morning
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris O
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here on February 28th and despite some poor reviews, I entered the place with an open mind. Car parking was excellent. It was in an underground park just across the road and around the corner. it was protected by a key-pad gate. It is free for guests.
Reception lady (very friendly) said that she could give me a room there and then ( I had arrived early), but I would get a better one if I waited about an hour. I did and she stowed our luggage. We visited the lovely Hunt museum while we waited. When we returned, everything was ready and we were given two key cards (I hate it when you have to ask for the second one).
The lift was efficient, if a little mesmerising. You get in one side and out another.
Room was on the second floor and overlooked the entrance. It was large and had tea/coffee making facilities. Bathroom was spacious. Shower was over the bath with a shower curtain (which didn't cling ). The shower head was fixed and I always prefer a removable one.
Went down to the spacious bar and had a few drinks. That was the first time I got the foul smell that I had read about. It was faint and after a few minutes unnoticeable. I don't know if it was the hotels fault, because I got the same smell every now and then as we walked around the city.
The bar had a good atmosphere and I enjoyed some late drinks and music and dancing later that night.
Breakfast was good next morning and checkout was seamless.
We were happy with our stay there. We got a very good deal price-wise and would be reluctant to look at different options when I next visit Limerick

Room Tip: I don't know if it matters, but I was very happy on the second floor over the entrance.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wearb
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights, the staff couldn't be more friendly. Rooms are basic but location and price are spot on. There is a great buzz in the bar nearly every night with a band or singer playing and packed with locals, there is also free underground parking across the road. One thing I would say is there is an unusual smell in certain areas of the Hotel that they need to address and it features a lot on trip advisor but don't let that put you off stating here!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple