Pery's Hotel
US$99
US$231
US$205
Agoda.com
All reviewstrain stationcity centrelarge bathroomcouple of nightsstayed one nightreception stafffriday nightvisit limericklovely staff
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

With a tour group , I expected the food to be of a average quality as you usually find this on tours, was not expecting the food to be so poor I had to eat out , friends called to be told everyone was at dinner , we'll no we was not so maybe you should have tried my room and not presumed I was . Toilets in reception was filthy and found to be the same through my stay , asked for extra tea and got told my room will be cleaned and felt I was unable to have any extra , I would not return and would not recommend to anyone , staff tried there best with what they had to work with.your best to try else where , you have been warned !.

Stayed: July 2014
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good Morning,

I really do appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. However I am a little disappointed having read some of your comments. I would like to assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and I will be following up on your feedback directly with all departmental managers. While I truly appreciate your valuable feedback, it would have been better if you had communicated these issues during your stay so that we may have had the opportunity to rectify them immediately.

I must say that I am truly surprised that you found the food to be so poor as generally we get really positive feedback regarding our evening dining. We have a British tour series that stay with us for four nights every week throughout the summer and I have a mountain of feedback cards from these guests who give us great compliments on our food. However I am sorry that the food was not to your standards during your stay.

Should guests have visitors call to the hotel, we make every attempt to locate the guest for them. The first course of action is to telephone the guests bedroom. Should we get no answer, we then proceed to search for them in the bar or restaurant. If we are still unable to locate the guest, we then offer to relay a message on to the guest. I find it very unfair that you would assume that our front office team did not try to locate you or that they would give out incorrect information on your whereabouts.

I am truly sorry that the lobby toilets were in your view not up to standard. We have housekeeping staff scheduled to tend to the lobby toilets at regular intervals throughout the day. However as I'm sure you can appreciate, these are public toilets and there is a lot of traffic throughout the day. On many occasions, I have witnessed a housekeeper literally just finish servicing the toilets and within minutes, I have received feedback from customers to say that they require attention. I would like to assure you that these toilets are cleaned and serviced regularly.

I am truly sorry that you were made to feel that you could not have extra teabags. To be honest I am most surprised to read this comment. If you read back through previous reviews, the front office team generally receive the most positive feedback overall. However I have spoken to the front office team just to ensure that this matter is immediately addressed and rectified.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may have another opportunity to exceed your expectations and ensure that you have a positive experience. As a sincere gesture I would like to offer you a discounted rate and free breakfast on your next stay.Please feel free to contact me directly to avail of this offer.

Many thanks indeed,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel average, bad wifi in room, on third floor. Had to go to reception area to connect successfully. Spoke to reception but she was not really concerned. Location good for restaurants and walking to inner city sight seeing.
Room was basic, large bathroom, limited bath supplies eg no soap only bath gel and liquid soap in dispenser at hand basin. Towels were hard and had past used by date.
Breakfast was good, although service was ordinary.
We were lucky with parking on street, right out front as it was Sunday and free parking until Monday 9.30am, otherwise they will accommodate your parking around corner part of the casino parking, with a signed slip.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank barb1958

Dear Barb,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I truly appreciate your valuable feedback. I am sorry that you experienced some difficulties with our free WIFI system. I know that the WIFI we currently use is not the most user friendly and we are receiving some negative feedback from other guests. We are in the process of changing providers in order to rectify this issue. I have also taken on board your comment relating to the towels. I have communicated your feedback directly to the housekeeping manager for follow up.

I am happy that our city centre location was convenient for your needs. As you mentioned, we do offer complimentary parking in our secure underground carpark located just opposite the hotel.Thank you once again for your feedback. I hope to welcome you back again soon. Have a lovely day.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in by a lovely attentive and friendly receptionist but alas this is where the story turns. The room was dated and worn out and the staff in the bar were very off putting. When I went to order bar food the barman enquired " if I was all right ? " and then walked away!!!! Customer care at its best. The food was poor as indeed was the breakfast, little choice , and tasteless. Cleanliness was very bad , as for the state of the towels the less said the better. Sorry to say but I won't be back

• Stayed: July 2014
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Liam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is so important as it will help us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future. I am genuinely disappointed that you encountered so many issues during your stay. However I am happy that you received a positive welcome from our front office team. I have communicated your feedback regarding the service and food directly to the food & beverage manager who will be implementing the relevant changes to improve this area with immediate affect.

We are an older hotel and I do appreciate that there are some areas requiring improvement. We are phasing in a refurbishment in all areas of the hotel, some of which are complete and other areas such as the guest rooms which are still in progress. I would love nothing more than to carry out an immediate refurbishment of the entire hotel however as I'm sure you can understand, this is simply not feasible for us.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future so that we may have another opportunity to make your stay more positive and pleasant. If you do plan to stay in the future you can contact me directly and I will organise a discounted rate for you. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance on the matter, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

First of all, this is the cheapest place that we stayed at during our 2 week trip around ireland. That is a huge plus!

After staying at a lot of B&Bs, I was excited to finally stay at a hotel. However, this hotel seemed outdated and in desperate need of renovations. It's a 2* hotel to me.

Again, it's good enough for the price, but it was my worst stay out of 7 different hotels/B&Bs in Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Alyssa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to continuously improve our standards ensuring a memorable stay for all of our future guests. I am very disappointed at some of your comments, especially the one where you would only rate us as two star. While we are one of Limerick's oldest hotels, I really do feel that rating us as a two star is a little harsh although it is your opinion. We provide free wifi, free parking and offer an excellent city centre location. Onsite we have Tait's Bar & Restaurant offering exceptional value and delicious hearty cuisine.

As you have already mentioned, our rates are extremely competitive considering all of the additional services our guests are receiving as mentioned already. I know that we are not a luxurious modern hotel. We do not claim to be. However what we do have to offer is a warm & friendly welcome. Guests can expect a unique & memorable experience with a personal touch. This in my view is far more important that anything else. We care about our customers! Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. I do hope that you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We found this hotel adequate for our purposes. It was reasonably priced. The hotel breakfast was full Irish. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance. The railway station is just 2 blocks away. Many bus tours in several directions leave from the railway station.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that our location suited your needs and that you found us to be reasonably priced. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thanks again and have a lovely weekend!

Regards,