Railway Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Limerick
See available hotels
Pery's Hotel(Limerick)
The Savoy Hotel(Limerick)
Absolute Hotel(Limerick)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Dropped my mother in law here last night. Booked it last week as its straight across from Limerick train/bus station. Receptionist was lovely when I walked in to book it and said payment would be the day after the stay (as per usual in every other hotel) and the place looked ok in daylight but I really didn't look around much. Last night was a different story.

The woman on reception informed us last night that the boiler was broken and wouldn't be fixed until the morning so there was no heating and no hot water. I understand these things happen but they could have informed us prior to arriving as they had my mobile no. As my mother in law is not from Ireland and doesn't have the best English she didn't didn't want to move somewhere else further from the train station.
I asked how much discount there would be on the rooms and the receptionist said none. When I pushed the issue she went to find her manager. Price came down from €40 (single person) to €35. I wouldn't have paid it but it was late at that stage and her bags were heavy.
They then wanted payment up front as, quote from receptionist "I won't be here tomorrow". I refused and said the norm is payment after service.

Room was tiny, could not walk around bed. Was clean enough looking but I was only there 5mins. Was cold and grubby looking, very old furnishings.

We then ate in the bar with my 8year old daughter. A lot of drunk men around, one actually joined us at our table for a bit. Bar staff were ok but didn't do anything about keeping drunk men away from our table (it was only 8pm).
Food was fine but not great menu. We just got soup and sandwiches.

There are surely better places in Limerick to spend the night!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We were a bit skeptical when we entered this hotel - the room rates were quite cheap. It turned out to be a nice hotel to stay for the night. The staff was very helpful at the front desk and knowledgeable about the local area - restaurants/bars, etc. Breakfast the next day was just average and they were severely understaffed. I felt sorry for the waitress who was running around like crazy trying to keep everyone happy. She did a great job.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed here in April with my daughter and returned again in August. Basic no frills hotel. Room is clean. SImilar to B&B accommodations. Pub downstairs is delightdful and we had our breakfasts and dinners there. Family run; friendly; saw same locals both times. It has a nice feel to it. Nothing fancy AT ALL but perfect in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I am currently lying on a bed in the railway hotel. I haven't taken my clothes of as I am afraid to sleep in the bed, it's so dirty. I have already paid but I am considering either just driving home or sleeping in my car. That is how bad the room is! I have taken some photos which I will upload but they don't do justice to the level of filth in the room... I have found several toe nail clippings and other unidentifiable stains on the carpet. The pillow cases are on inside out and the duvet cover is covered in crusty stains!!! There isn't even any shower gel in the shower...

• Stayed: May 2011
6  Thank IrishJaneDoe
Reviewed 27 March 2011

My hotel room was booked for 9.pm, my flight was delayed so rang the hotel of my late arrival, they were very understanding and said to ring the bell if they bar was closed.
Finally arrived at 12.30am & was met by a very friendly manager/owner not quite sure, he offered me an on-suite (even though I found out the next morning there was no hot water) at no extra charge and carried my very heavy cases to my room, two floors up, he also asked if I fancied a cup of tea, to call to the restaurant & he would make me one.

I chose The Railway Hotel because of the very close proximity to the railway station, directly across from the hotel, I was getting a train at 6am.
It was very cheap for the night, it's a basic hotel nothing fancy.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo