“Just fab :)”

Great National South Court Hotel
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here on Saturday 28th dec 13 with friends from work as we were attending a nearby event. Got parking right outside door (v important when you are female and do not travel light), beautiful entrance, receptionist was lovely, and our rooms were all gorgeous. Could not mark our stay down for anything!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ellen C
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Ellen C,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the South Court Hotel.

I am glad that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you all back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Reception staff excellent, room spacious, buffet breakfast better than many, Indian Restuarant excellent. Depending on time of day bar staff sometimes indifferent, other times excellent.
Very convenient to Limerick Hospital, where a relative was ill.
I left my sun specs behind and was phoned within an hour of leaving and assured they are in safe-keeping until I return.
My room 233 was great
So top marks overall for a hotel with an attractive pricing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RiccoShay
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear RiccoShay

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for your kind words.

I am glad you had a comfortable stay and that we were able to locate your glasses. I have noted your comments about our bar staff and have brought them to the attention of the relevant supervisors.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 061 487 487 to arrange your return visit.

Best wishes

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I would like to thank the Management and staff for the wonderful time my Wife Son and I at our recent stay they could not have done any more for us and this includes the staff of the bar / restaurant the food was excellent and service very swift I would recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Just ask to be upgraded for free if possible
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Simonireland,

I am grateful to you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your positive experience.

We are continuously striving to provide the best possible service and I have passed your encouraging words about our staff on to our team.

I hope to welcome you to the South Court Hotel again in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. Arrived at 10pm. Whilst I was warmly welcomed, when I asked about room service I was to ring down to her. Drinks only. Furthermore, the lift was broken, my room was on the third floor & receptionist told me to take the stairs. I had 3 bags to include my laptop. An offer of help would have been nice...

When I went into my room which was clean & spacious but bizarrely decorated, I saw the room service menu stated it operated until 10.30. I tried phoning reception & the front desk & the room service number but got no reply. I had a quick shower & rang again but got no reply. I had no choice but to get dressed & trek down to the bar. Incidentally passed receptionist chatting on the phone. She never acknowledged me.

When I went into the bar, I passed the restaurant which was busy & food was being carried out from the kitchen. The bar is dark & not at all inviting. The barman who served me, a young guy, was very friendly & helpful and happily prepared me a sandwich. I passed reception again and passed the still chatting receptionist and was once again ignored.

The bed was comfortable and I slept well but was woken very early by halls being vacuumed.

Breakfast was average. The Asian guy was very friendly & helpful, he sourced a newspaper for me. Homemade scones are a nice touch.

Check out was prompt but very impersonal. Wasn't asked if I enjoyed my stay, which would have been an opportunity to pass on my experience.

Maybe reception need to be a bit more customer focused. They could do with following the young barman's example!

• Stayed: November 2013
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Chrystallamp,
Thank you for sharing your opinions.

We're glad you had a comfortable nights' sleep. Hallways are usually vacuumed in the evenings before guests arrive and it is possible the staff member was cleaning a nearby room. Nevertheless, please accept our apologies for the disturbance. We have experienced staff and a regular, customer-centred training programme in place and we invite all feedback from guests.

Our reception desk handles incoming calls to the hotel in the evenings after our customer contact centre closes at 9PM. As it can be busy some evenings, we have a call queuing system in place to alert staff to incoming calls to the desk.

We are perplexed as to why you couldn't get through to reception. To rule out the potential of a systems issue, I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on 061 487 487 to discuss further and establish your room number.

Kind Regards,
Dermot Kelly,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I ate in the Indian Restaurant last friday night 22nd of November, the service was very slow but the staff very friendly. All the menus were kept at reception and we were initially only given one for a table of five, when we asked for more we got them. I ordered Chicken Jalfrezi and my friend ordered Prawn Jalfrezi, I don't eat fish of any kind so was not impressed to find a Prawn in the middle of my Chicken dish, I did make the manager aware of this and he went back to the kitchen and came back with an apology, thankfully I am not allergice to shell fish but this kind of mistake is not acceptable. We were given a complimentary bottle of wine after we had paid but I won't be going back not even for a takeaway

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sydney19930
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Sydney19930,

Thank you for your review and for trying our Indian restaurant. As you are probably aware the Cream Room Curry House is a new venture for the hotel which aims to provide the highest quality, authentic Indian cuisine. Unfortunately, from your review, it is evident that on the night in question we did not meet the high standards of service which we endevour to provide to all our customers.

Every dish in our Indian restaurant is prepared uniquely to the taste of each individual customer. While this takes time, it is no excuse for the slow service you experienced. Moreover, as you noted, the mistake made with your dish was unacceptable. I have spoken to the staff concerned and am glad you raised this issue with our manager at the time as we wish to deal with all complaints as an when they arise.

I reiterate his apology to you and hope that in spite of this experience that you would return to our restaurant in the future. If so, I would ask that you contact me directly on 061 487 487 or dermot.kelly@southcourthotel.com and I will personally arrange your evening with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed their for a night with my girlfriend but we were also attending a conference.

Both the conference centre and room we stayed in were huge, way beyond our expectation given the price we paid for the hotel room.

The staff were also very helpful and friendly, we had no issues or complaints while we were there.

The hotel is also only 5 minutes away from a centra and ATM and only a ten minute taxi from the train station

Room Tip: I got put into the life style suite, which was huge!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris M,

I welcome your review and am pleased you had a pleasant stay during your recent visit.

We have great staff and I am glad you found them both welcoming and friendly.

I hope you will stay with us again in the near future and if so, do not hesitate to contact us on 061 487 487 and we will ensure you receive a lifestyle suite once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Myself and my partner regularly stay at The South Court as we both live outside of Limerick and come up to visit family in the area. We always find it great value, reception staff are very helpful and polite and there is always a good atmosphere in the bar, great live music on a Saturday night too. The rooms are always spotless and spacious and normally very comfortable. On our last stay, however, we found the bed very uncomfortable. There were two double beds in the room and during the night we had to move to the other bed, but it was no better. We both got very little sleep and ached a little the next day. This was just a one off though and I wouldn't let it put me off staying there again. I have no doubt had we asked in reception for a different room, we would have been accommodated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, there was a lot of noise from the road during the night we stayed...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irish1979
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Irish1979,

Thank you for posting your feedback and your regular custom.

I am very pleased that you have found our staff helpful and friendly and our rooms of a high standard during your stays with us.

I am dismayed to hear of your uncomfort during your last stay. As part of our ongoing renovation programme we have recently replaced beds in a large number of our bedrooms which should address the issue. However as you mentioned, should a similar problem arise in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our reception team.

Please feel free to contact me directly on 061 487 487 in advance of your next visit to Limerick and I will happily arrange your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon,