“Very helpful and friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Great National South Court Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Great National South Court Hotel
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Thurles, Ireland
“Very helpful and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Happy to visit again staff were helpful and friendly, food was good and entertainment was great! Would def make it our business to stay here again great value for money great location, room very clean with all mid cons, warm and fresh

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Lhayes2014,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review the Great National South Court Hotel.

It is a pleasure to read your positive comments as we continually aim to improve all aspects of our service.

I hope to welcome you back in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact us on 061 487 487 should you wish to book.

Dermot Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel twice recently to attend feiseanna.. On the first occasion we were met with a lovely reception from a cheerful young lady, ,The room was lovely and we had food in the indian restaurant that evening .I found the service very good Breakfast was lovely as well ...On the second occasion we checked in on a busier day, being valentines day, but had an equally friendly welcome .. the restaurant was booked out so we decided to eat in the bar ..I have to say the food was absolutely delicious and we were served in no time ..we were looked after by two lovely staff,, Lek and Steven ,My 10 year old daughter said it was the best rice she ever ate!! Breakfast again was lovely .. and overall it was a really enjoyable stay ..I look forward to going back ..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Carmelruby,

I am grateful to you for reviewing your stay with us. It is satisfying to read that both your stays were comfortable and enjoyable. Moreover, I am delighted to read that you found our staff, rooms and food of a high standard on each occasion. I passed on your kind words to Lek, Steven and the rest of our team.

I hope that you will stay with us again for our other Feiseanna in the coming weeks and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National South Court Hotel.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed fir one night in this hotel
I found the staff friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bar food was lovely.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody. Hope to return again soon.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Missstac,

I appreciate you reviewing the Great National South Court Hotel and am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future and please do recommend us!

Derry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stay here a couple of times per month and there is a few reasons why :
1. The staff are very professional, extremely friendly & helpful.
2. The rooms are spotless and very spacious.
3. Free WiFi which works very well in all rooms
4. Free carparking
5. A fresh breakfast in the morning with the morning newspaper
6. Great value B+B for the city of Limerick

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear TJK Derry,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the South Court Hotel.

Your positive feedback and generous comments are most welcome as we continue to improve our guest experience.

I hope that you will continue to choose the Great National South Court Hotel for your stays in Limerick.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

When passing through Limerick recently I decided to revisit this establishment and try the bar food. The menu has a selection of European or Indian food. I had a shared starter of BBQ wings which were within a percentage point of being over cooked (deep fried).

Main courses were the Haddock in batter and the burger. The fish, well the only comment was thankfully there was tartar sauce to give it taste! The burger fared no better. It was a good sized burger but devoid of taste. The appeared to be no seasoning making it bland. The accompanying chunky chips were pale and unappetising as if cooked in 'tired' oil.

On the other hand the staff were pleasant (as always) and service prompt. This visit was my fourth or fifth and I have found the standard of food is getting worse. Unless I hear otherwise, this will be my last visit for a long while.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Ardaravan,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your meal in our Boru's Bar, but in truth I am dismayed by it. Both I and our head chef have seriously reviewed your comments and are taking steps to rectify each of the issues that you have highlighted.

That you had such a negative experience of our bar food truly disappoints me as we have taken a number of steps recently to improve our dining experience including the appointment of a new head chef, the opening of the Cream Room Curry House and our bar food menu is currently being reviewed.

I would like to sincerely ask you to contact me directly via telephone on 061 487 438 or, if you prefer, via email at dermot.kelly@southcourthotel.com so that I might get more specific details about when you dined with us. Moreover, I would like to invite you to return to dine with us and meet with both myself and our head chef so that you can experience the improvements we are putting in place.

South Court Hotel
Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Myself & my sister stayed for 1 night & we were sorry we couldn't have stayed a 2nd night. The staff on reception greated us with a warm friendly smile (which in some hotels is hard to get) & were very helpful & very knowledgeable about the local area. The rooms were clean, spacious & very relaxing, the house keeping staff that we met during our stay never passed without saying "Good Morning" or "Good Afternoon", which in these days is sometimes a rareity.There was a great atmosphere around the hotel, the food was beautiful, we also had a few drinks in the bar which was very busy. The Staff are a credit to the hotel! We couldn't fault this hotel & would definately reccommend it to friends & family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear CTEH13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with your sister . Your comments about our staff, rooms and food are most welcome as we continuously seek to improve all departments.

Please do recommend us and next time I hope you have time for that second night!

Should you wish hear about our special offers or wish to book, please contact us directly on 061 487 487.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Hi, my 6 year old daughter was Irish Dancing here on Sun 19th January. Myself and my daughter stayed here for one night on Sat 18th January. I explained I had a disability and I needed a room near where the irish Dancing was on. Room was lovely and clean, Staff were very friendly. Even though it was very busy, we had no issue whatsoever with noise. I would just like to point out 2 things, the first being the Disabled parking, well it was right next to the steps and had no ramp by the Disabled parking so I had to walk over to the other side of the steps, go through some cars and go up that way so I didn't have to do any steps. I just cant see why the Disabled parking could be on the other side of where they are now so you don't have to do steps and it is wheelchair friendly. The 2nd thing I would like to point out is the service was very poor in the bar, even with my disability I had to get my 6 year old to call a waiter after waiting 20mins, we ordered and food was very average to be fair but it came out hot. After dinner the waiter never came near us and I again had to send my 6 year old to get a waiter, even though as this time 5 o clock, it was not busy. The kids menu had Jelly and ice cream and when I asked for this he looked at me and didn't understand, I showed him the menu and he said no we don't do this(THEN WHY WAS IT ON THE MENU)Look other than the 2 issues I had, I would definitely stay here again and next time will try the Indian restaurant. We didn't have breakfast but heard from another friend who was staying there same night that it was lovely.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AoifeBrennach
Dear AoifeBrennach,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay at the South Court Hotel.

I thank you for your comments about our staff and rooms. Moreover, I have carefully reviewed your comments about the service you received in our bar. We are continually training and upskilling our staff and by highlighting these issues to us, it enables us to be more focused in the provision of this training. As a consequence I hope, should you return to us in the near future, you will notice a marked improvement.

In relation to your remarks about the disabled parking in the hotel, we are in the process of assessing the feasibility of moving the car parking spaces to a more convenient position. As you aware most likely their are specific width issues but I understand your access concerns and assure you that this is currently under review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the South Court Hotel soon and please do try our Cream Room Curry House! Should you wish to book, please do not hesitate to contact us on 061 487 487.