“south court needs improvement.”

Great National South Court Hotel
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“south court needs improvement.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed in the South court on Friday for one night . I am a repeat customer purely for the convenient location of this hotel. This hotel could be so much better if a little money was invested into it. The rooms are outdated. There is one redundant lift in the hotel. The service is grand, staff are friendly and helpful. The cost is overpriced for the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Ann Marie,
Thank you for sharing your views on the South Court Hotel. We are making improvements across all our bedrooms in stages. Please accept our apologies if your particular room was less than satisfactory.

With respect to the lift, we have a customer lift and also a secondary 'service' lift which is not accessible to the public.

Although our rates fluctuate, we strive to remain competitive compared to other hotels in the city.

If you are intending to stay again in the near future I would be grateful if you could contact me directly and I'll ensure an agreeable rate,

Best Regards,
Dermot Kelly,
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I Am away from home often for work and the South Court Hotel has been where I stay wile I am in this area. The rooms are clean and comfortable and my experience with guest services has been very positive. The restaurants offer a great variety of food and service is good. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thea K
Dear Thea K,
Thank you for your review and great recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon,

Best Regards,
Dermot Kelly,
General Manager.
dublin
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Terrible experience, bad ambience, rude and discourteous reception staff , customer service training and management presence is needed, it needs a staff service overhaul and a good scrub would not hurt either , budget accommodation at its worst I'm afraid

• Stayed April 2014
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Bill M,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Unfortunately, it is evident from your review that you did not feel that we met the high standards which we are continually striving for during your stay. Moreover, I take your review very seriously as it is not reflective of the general feedback we receive about our staff and service.

I would sincerely ask that you contact me directly on 061 487 438 or at dermot.kelly@southcourthotel.com so that I might get further details from you to investigate this matter fully.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfortable and met all that was required of a bedroom. There was a good choice of options at breakfast and we had dinner each evening in the adjoining pub/restaurant where the food was excellent and great value for money. Staff here were also friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear 132Annette123,

I am grateful to you for positing a review of your stay at the Great National South Court Hotel.

I appreciate your positive feedback about our rooms and dining options. Moreover, thank you for your very kind comments about our staff.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future and do not hesitate to contact us on 061 487 487 should you wish to book.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Needed a last minute stay in Limerick and ended up the South Court. Rooms very dated and while clean they are definitely in need of a refurb, particularly the bathrooms.

Bar area was not great on a Friday evening. There was live folk music but the volume was ear splitting and you couldn't even have a conversation with someone sitting next to you. There were also lots of children running around the place making even more noise which was bizarre in a pub after 10pm and certainly not what we had wanted after a long day of driving!!!

Breakfast was ok - nothing amazing but nothing dreadful either.

For the price it's reasonable value for money but I would probably prefer to spend and extra €20 / €30 to stay elsewhere.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear nlank,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that you were not more impressed with our facilities. We are trying hard to provide high quality rooms and dining options at very competitive rates. We have a ongoing refurbishment programme in the hotel and continue to upgrade our facilities to provide our customers with the best possible experience.

I hope that with this work you would afford us another opportunity to impress you with our hospitality and service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 061 487 487 should you wish to stay at the Great National South Court Hotel.

England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on a recent business trip & would definitely recommend it. The rooms are spacious, facilities are great & breakfast really nice.
We are Dinner at the adjoining pub & enjoyed great food, drink & service. Will look to stay here again on the next trip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dyetiz
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Dyetiz,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at the Great National South Court Hotel. Thank you for your positive feedback about our rooms and dining facilities.

I hope that should you be in Limerick again that you will indeed stay with us and please do not hesitate to contact us on 061 487 487 to arrange your reservation.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights in May as were were attending a sports competition in UL Limerick.The hotel is about10/15 min drive from arena on the outskirts of town.The rooms look a little tired and dated, but had very comfy beds.The breakfast was very good and a lot of choice.The Indian was also excellent though quite expensive.The staff is this hotel were great, really welcoming, and really friendly, and went out of their way to help.Overall a good comfortable stay , made better by great staff and good value for money. Would recommend if your stopping over in Limerick.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Annec2765,

I am grateful to you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read your positive feedback about our dining options and glad you found us good value. I genuinely appreciate your very kind comments about our staff and have passed them on to all departments.

I hope that should you be in Limerick again you will choose the Great National South Court Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back.