“Mini Munsters Competition - 3rd year in a row”

Great National South Court Hotel
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Cork
“Mini Munsters Competition - 3rd year in a row”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is perfect for this competition. It is easy to access coming from Cork and near Crescent shopping Centre. Staff friendly - food lovely. while I feel it is a little overpriced as hotels go having no leisure facilities it is ideal for me as a repeat customer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Mary,
Thanks for your review - and indeed your repeat custom. I will pass your comments on the the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future,

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
kerry
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have to compliment the South Court Hotel, spotlessly clean, great food, fabulous staff.
Ideal location,
Highly recommend it for a weekend stay or a girly break close to the city & Dooradoyle shopping centre. We were there at the Munster Irish dancing competition the staff were very accommodating in every way, even posting a pair of shoes my daughter left behind.
Well done South Court.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear kerryharry26,
Thanks for your review and recommendation.

We hope you and your family had an enjoyable stay and a successful competition!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I (along with 100+ folks) were stranded in Limerick due to a malfunctioning airplane. The airline put some of us up at this hotel.

Now, while the beds were so-so, the pillows not great and the towels a bit thin, I have to say that we still loved our evening here.

Here's why:
The people could not have been more...well, anything! They were fabulous. The chap who did the bulk of the check-ins somehow managed to keep his composure despite a line a half-mile long and wearing passengers who just wanted--whatever we all wanted. He was courteous and helpful and never wavered in trying to do his best. I wish I had his name.

The attached pub was grand fun. They had a buffet meal, which looked like it must be something they do all the time. I'm a vegetarian and was going to make do with mashed potatoes (I love them anyhow) and carrots, but my husband asked if they could do something. My goodness, the next thing I know I have stir fry served up and it was very good! My husband was very happy with the buffet and especially loved the dessert.

Throughout our meal multiple staff came to and fro asking if any of us needed anything, was everything okay, etc. It was mind-boggling to me.

It was fun to have a Guinness in Ireland. :-)

The next morning they managed to have an exceptional breakfast buffet setup for us. My gosh, the gent who was flitting about offering coffee, tea, water, rolls...I wish I had half his energy in front of a massive crowd!

So, there may have been a few things not so great, but anytime you can interact with people this genuinely kind, I'm a happy traveler.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Murry08,

Sincere thanks for your detailed review and recommendation.

I've circulated your kind words to the team and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay, given the circumstances!

Warm Regards,
Galway, Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed in the South court on Friday for one night . I am a repeat customer purely for the convenient location of this hotel. This hotel could be so much better if a little money was invested into it. The rooms are outdated. There is one redundant lift in the hotel. The service is grand, staff are friendly and helpful. The cost is overpriced for the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ann Marie,
Thank you for sharing your views on the South Court Hotel. We are making improvements across all our bedrooms in stages. Please accept our apologies if your particular room was less than satisfactory.

With respect to the lift, we have a customer lift and also a secondary 'service' lift which is not accessible to the public.

Although our rates fluctuate, we strive to remain competitive compared to other hotels in the city.

If you are intending to stay again in the near future I would be grateful if you could contact me directly and I'll ensure an agreeable rate,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I Am away from home often for work and the South Court Hotel has been where I stay wile I am in this area. The rooms are clean and comfortable and my experience with guest services has been very positive. The restaurants offer a great variety of food and service is good. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thea K
Dear Thea K,
Thank you for your review and great recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon,

dublin
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Terrible experience, bad ambience, rude and discourteous reception staff , customer service training and management presence is needed, it needs a staff service overhaul and a good scrub would not hurt either , budget accommodation at its worst I'm afraid

• Stayed April 2014
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Bill M,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Unfortunately, it is evident from your review that you did not feel that we met the high standards which we are continually striving for during your stay. Moreover, I take your review very seriously as it is not reflective of the general feedback we receive about our staff and service.

I would sincerely ask that you contact me directly on 061 487 438 or at dermot.kelly@southcourthotel.com so that I might get further details from you to investigate this matter fully.

Dermot Kelly
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfortable and met all that was required of a bedroom. There was a good choice of options at breakfast and we had dinner each evening in the adjoining pub/restaurant where the food was excellent and great value for money. Staff here were also friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear 132Annette123,

I am grateful to you for positing a review of your stay at the Great National South Court Hotel.

I appreciate your positive feedback about our rooms and dining options. Moreover, thank you for your very kind comments about our staff.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future and do not hesitate to contact us on 061 487 487 should you wish to book.

Best wishes,