Mortells Delicatessen & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 317 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family run restaurant in the heart of limerick city. We have probably the best tea and coffee in limerick. We also specialise in fresh irish fish and all our products are homemade on the premises
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Went to Mortells for dinner last night I had sole on the bone it was the best fish i had in along time,the atmosphere was simple but who need it with fish that good.The owner and his wife made us feel very welcome.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We had a very ordinary lunch here recently. I hadn't been here for years, but I was surprised that they hadn't improved in the meantime. There was nothing wrong with anything we had, but nothing special either. There are much better options nearby.

2  Thank Donna O
Reviewed 11 April 2012

If you are looking for a fine dining experience this is not the place for you and if you are looking for a quick meal in a supersized restaurant similar to those on O'Connell Street this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a restaurant where the counter is deli style, you choose your fish or meat and discuss with the chef how you would like it cooked (in front of you) this is the place to go. I had the steak cooked exactly as I asked for it and my wife had a beautiful fish dish and in both cases the chef was able to tell us the farm the steak came from and how many days it had hung and when and where the fish was landed. In both our cases it was the best meal we have had in a while

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is both a deli and a classy diner. Breakfast can be the full Irish, fresh fish or home baked scones. There is always a buzz and is the place to go to meet real Limerick people . The owner is slightly eccentric but this just adds to the attraction of the place. Also a great spot for lunch.I wish we had a place like this in Galway.

1  Thank MrGalway
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Lovely,friendly atmosphere.I was shown a variety of fresh fish to choose from and then fish was cooked to perfection in front of me. Served with sauted potatoes and salad - it was simply the best fish I've tasted in years. Owner was delightful - really knew his fish and loved his work.Spent time chatting with children and adults alike -lovely man! Will definately return if ever in Limerick again!

2  Thank BasiaEssex