“Quality people”

Ranked #30 of 319 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family run restaurant in the heart of limerick city. We have probably the best tea and coffee in limerick. We also specialise in fresh irish fish and all our products are homemade on the premises
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We had seen reviews and had on our list to go. Unfortunately we walked all around City Centre Limerick except right down the street from our hotel until the 2nd to the last day of trip and we walked by and looked in and was like here it is. Great people, quality food, cozy atmosphere and it was our fault we didnt find til end or probably would have eaten there every morning. Keep up good work

2  Thank TXGoose23

Reviewed 19 July 2013

While looking in the window, the owner convinced us to come in and look around. He said if you don't see anything you like, just say say thanks anyway and leave. We had a great fish lunch with a great bottle of wine. Our hostess gave us sightseeing directions that were very helpful. It's a great place!

2  Thank Kerry B
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

For our first proper Irish meal, we couldn't have picked a better lunch spot. The fresh fish was wonderful as were all the sides. When you go in, the raw fish is laid out in a deli counter and the owner grills it up for you with potatoes, slaw, and green salad. I let him choose the type of fish, since my sleep deprived and jet lagged brain wasn't up to the task, and he didn't disappoint.

The owner and his wife were behind the counter and took great care of us even though I'm sure we weren't the easiest our most decisive clients they've had in our sorry state. This is clearly a local joint, and worthy of your business!

2  Thank Kristin O
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I went here for lunch and chose the lemon sole. I was a bit bemused when the chef refused me ketchup to go on my fried potatoes saying "We have a no ketchup policy with our fish". I accepted this in good humour and to his credit he was right the whole dish was very tasty and ketchup would have murdered the seasoning on the fried potatoes. The sole was lovely and a generous portion. Unfortunately this place is only open during the day as I would love to try it for dinner.

1  Thank Tim O
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Great place to visit for a break from your busy shopping day. Staff are very friendly and don't mind kids at all. Really nice deli counter where you can pick up some lovely bits for lunch or to bring home for dinner.

2  Thank Voilareally