“Can't wait to get back.”

Mortells Delicatessen & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 315 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family run restaurant in the heart of limerick city. We have probably the best tea and coffee in limerick. We also specialise in fresh irish fish and all our products are homemade on the premises
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We just happened on Mortells and serendipity reigns supreme. Our welcome was only surpassed by the quality of the food. My wife's the foodie, I generally treat food as fuel and will happily refuel just about anywhere. Mortells is not just anywhere. Fresh hake selected from the chilled display and cooked to perfection. The owner and chef was happy to give us tips on selecting, storing and cooking fresh fish and his passion for food is evident. We were there mid-afternoon for a late lunch and with the lunch-time rush over he was happy to sit with us for a time for conversation and banter - at our behest of course. Mortells is the perfect antidote to a grey February afternoon. (And Ireland did win the following day!? See you soon, Brian.)
Lindsey and Keith
Belfast

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Brian and his wife were so nice and held the baby during dinner, We had the best fish and chips ever! Brian filleted the fish right there in front of us.
Thanks for the amazing memory!
Jonny

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I had lunch in mortells last Thursday . Neither of us had visited the restaurant previously . We both had fresh fish which was really nice , cooked in front of us.
The owner and his wife were very nice and friendly and the other patrons were great to have a chat with.
We will definitely return - a hidden gem,
Tim - Annacotty,limerick

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I first visited Mortells by chance when looking for breakfast on the morning of a Munster match 3 years ago and I've been going back ever since. Apart from the great service from Brian and Margaret their fish is the best around. From pan fried hake to sole on the bone if it's fresh they'll have it. Beautifully cooked and served with simple but beautiful sautéed potatoes and salad it's hard to beat. Living in Kinsale you get to know your fish but I have to say that when I'm in limerick I never pass up the opportunity to visit Mortells as it's a real treat.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Was here in november just popped in for something quick. Was greeted with the most lovely hello from a very bubbly blonde woman from eastern Europe i would guess and she really made me feel comfortable. She showed me what she had to offer and said the fish was the best option, not been much of a fish eater she sold it to me. I sat down and she was so welcoming with a nice chat as she worked. The cafe was empty but she made a great atmosphere for me. She presented me with the fish and i loved it. I would recommend Mortells to everyone top's all other restaurants in limerick if not cork aswell. Loved it 5 stars.