“A grim and troubling experience”

Travelodge Limerick
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Ireland
“A grim and troubling experience”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is really quite grim. Two of our party of five had to change rooms because of broken sink and broken toilet. There was a strong smell of smoke in the corridor and a lingering smoke smell in my room. The room was very cold with windows open when I arrived - presumably to clear the smell of smoke. One of our colleagues found a housekeepers master key in her luggage. Bizarre and troubling. When she returned the key to reception the receptionist said "Oh, I know what that's about". Draw your own conclusions. We won't be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TMcDonough
TravelodgeLimerick, General Manager at Travelodge Limerick, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi TMcDonough
Thank you for your recent review Firstly I would like to apologize f'or the experience you had in our hotel.
I have recently been appointed as Manger of the hotel I hope to fix all the issues you highlighted in your post.
Travelodge is investing in this property in the near future to bring it up to a high standard we are committed to our guests.
I will contact you you when in the near future.
I really hope to see you again

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed in the Travelodge on 9th March, I was attending a gig in Limerick. I had no problems whatsoever with the booking or the hotel - I had pre-paid online so got it for €45, bargain! The room was really clean, nice and bright. There was no hair dryer but I always bring my own anyway. Loads of parking at the hotel and a vending machine in reception in case you get the munchies! I didn't use the diner next door but there was a good discount if you were staying in the hotel. I have to say what impressed me the most was how quiet it was. Friday night and just off a busy road but I slept soundly. Staff at reception were lovely. Would definitely stay here again. Only downside was how far out it was but I was driving anyway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hi
catherineesmith7
Thank you for you review We aim for low rates in a nice clean comfortable surroundings.
We are really happy to hear from our happy guests.
We really look forward to our next meeting.

ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Total mess , checked into hotel and my card got charged twice , receptionist was to get back to me but never bothered , still none the wiser , had to go looking for her to see if she refunded card , went to room , switched on telly and it nearly went on fire , so I went to call recep only to find the telephone in room had no lead which is a serious breach of health and safety , just an absolute mess over all

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fireguyIreland
HI Fireguyireland
I am really sorry for the experience you had in our hotel.I have recently been appointed as general manager. Travelodge are investing in this property in the very near future to bring the hotel back to a high standard.
We are extremely customer focused and I hope to see you in the near future.
I will be addressing all of the above issues personally myself.
Thank you for review.

Alan Patterson

Travellers are raving about these Limerick hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This Limerick Travelodge is in a very good quiet location out of the city on the way to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren. There is a pub 5 mins walk away and a big Tesco across the road. The rooms have comfortable chairs and/or couches.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank rosew38
Lombard, IL
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel along with a large group of college students from the USA. Even though we were expected, the staff seemed totally overwhelmed and short handed. The room was small and not very clean and very cold when we stepped in. You are only provided with two towels and a circle of soap about the size of US 1/2 dollar. There is no shampoo provided. The bed linen was shabby, but clean. You must check out an iron and/or a blow dryer at the front desk. The attached diner was okay...we had the "full Irish" for breakfast. Some of the members of our group had various problems such as no curtains on the front window, no hot water in the shower and heat that would not turn on. Since we were part of a large group, we really did not have the option of leaving and securing another hotel. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TherealMrsSmith
Donegal
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Won't be returning. Customer service was non existent. Staff could not have being more uninterested in the customers. Room was freezing when we landed but was far too warm with the heater on so no happy medium. Water temperature was hard to control in the shower. Hall was smelly. There was no lift. Overall, disappointing. There's budget and then there's poor and this place is poor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank verona78
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just entering the hotel was enough to make one want to leave. Shabby and uninviting. Room had shabby furniture, torn duvet cover, worn edges to sideboard and cabinets; no toiletries, no bath towels, no working door lock. When asked to have remote control fixed receptionist replaced them with rusty batteries. It took over 5 minutes to get hot water in the morning. Horrible.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business