“Great rugby pub!”
Review of Peter Clohessy's Bar - CLOSED

Peter Clohessy's Bar
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Here for the Ireland-France game, great atmosphere, good service, lovely pub. Regretted not eating here as the food looked yum

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Am a local to the sinbin nightclub and have been there twice in last 3 weeks. I was always a fan of the club as it was a quieter spot where you could have the craic. But the lst two times I was there, there we're 40 people max there. And both times had hen parties. I don't know, but I'm guessing they have some deal/promotion for hens but I would be raging if I ended up there. There's no craic or atmosphere in the place.the music ends bang on 2.30 and they have the place cleared by 3.00 (even though to do so it requires being extremely rude to customers!!) the impression I get is that staff are bored after the club being dead all night and so cannot wait to clear the place and get home.i have never been kicked out of a place so quickly, or so abruptly/rudely. I will not return to the club and unless they do some serious promotions to get locals in, do not go there on a hen or stag!! You will be so disappointed!!

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We visited on a Wednesday night in July.. We were the only people there for a half an hour.however there is a rejuvenation project going on around it do this may have impacted on footfall. Drinks were priced at the city average and the young barmaid was lovely - friendly and yet professional.
The toilets were clean and fresh sax was the whole bar area. Overall this is a lovely bar and one I would love to come back to on a busy or typical night .

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Went to "The Sin Bin" last Saturday during a weekend break away to watch the Ireland/France match.

Pub was freezing cold when we went there on the Friday night, also very quiet so we left at 10:30pm as there was no atmosphere.

Went back on Saturday and the crowd was good for the match. Ordered the pizza and in a word it was "vile". You couldn't see the toppings for the amount of cheese piled on top (even though I asked for very very little cheese). I had to ask for a knife to scrap all the chees off and even though the waitress knew what I had to do in order to eat it, didn't offer to replace it.

Wouldn't recommend a visit

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Last Sunday I found myself in the city of Limerick and it was depressing. I arrived about 1pm and there wasn't a lot going on, so I decided to head for a pint. After walking up and down William St and O'Connell St and all the side streets inbetween, I noticed that a lot of bars were closed, and most of the open ones were dead, 2 or 3 punters in most of them. What do the Limerick men do Sundays, go to mass? This recession has a lot to answer for!!! I wanted a lively spot and wasn't going to settle for anything less, even if I had to go back to Durty Nelly's in Bunratty. So, I racked my brain and remembered been brought to a bar a few years ago which was a bit of craic. "The Claw", and it wasn't too far away.

The bar is called Peter Clohessy's but the locals call it "the claw" after the owner who played rugby for Ireland. Its on Howley's Quay and its a fine looking boozer, totally different to the sad looking bars I had the misfortune to seek out earlier. When I went in it was not busy, but as the rugby match was about to start the punters were filling the place, with most of them wearing their O2 jerseys.

After I got my pint I noticed that they had shop newspapers for the customers, so I grabbed one and took a nice table by the wall, which gave me a lovely view of the bar. It was mostly a young crowd, but some familys also, and a lot of them were eating. As we got closer to throw in, seats were getting harder to find, but it was a nice change to see a busy bar again.

Unfortunately I couldn't stay long, as I was getting a lift, and I was annoyed with myself for wasting soo much time checking out kips. Never again, it'll be straight to the "Claw" in future. I'd imagine this place is lepping at nite time [talent looked good an' all :-]