“Fancy licking the spoon and the bowl...”
Review of Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Ranked #48 of 315 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have had a meal here before and each time I have been vowing to come back! Let’s me get other things out of the way. The staff was very friendly recommending the best wine for the food we were going to eat, very knowledgeable. I know a good one, once it's open but I'm no wine expert so the waitress was on point. The ambiance is quite fitting, from the deco, and use of the space as it's a huge space all divided up in such a way that sounds don't travel as they would in a wide open space. It’s along a main road, but it’s of no reflection to the dining tranquillity inside. As for the main reason I was there, the food, was just exceptional. The produce like the Clonakilty pudding, was just made to perfection and of high quality. I actually had two starters coz I just couldn’t decide. My second starter seafood (calamari) was just fresh and the dip a delight. My friend had spring rolls, I resisted tasting as I wouldn’t have had room for my main, which was an Asian dish, I cleared my plate. I was full a little beforehand, but just couldn’t help myself. I will be back here no doubt. They also do an early bird/lunch for next to nothing. Their value is so good, you might be tempted to tip more than the meal. Considering we had 3 starters, 2 mains, a bottle of good white wine, all for under €60 (if I recall fully well), not to mention how utterly delicious the food was, I think I'll back more times than Arnie can say he’ll be back!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Unreal value - starter main and mineral for €10 - great food recommend the skewers chick satay plus Thai red curry! Yum!!!!

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place one weekend as another popular restaurant across the road was booked out and how glad I did.

I had the pork confit for starters absolutely delicious best starter I've had in quite a while. For mains I decided to try the seafood trio which was excellent. The chocolate cake was a nice way to finish up a great night.

1  Thank Brosna_Guy
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I really enjoyed the whole experience here. I went here to meet some old school friends and I arrived a little bit early, I was led to a lovely waiting area with a bar. I ordered myself some sparkling wine, which came with a strawberry.
My friends arrived and we were seated. We all enjoyed our meal, everyone one us. 6 of us. Our waiter was lovely and the food even nicer. I didn't try dessert but i had a starter and make course. Both lovely. We then had a cocktail each which was also delicious. The decor is ultra modern, you wouldn't think you were in Limerick city. The thing I find most astounding about this restaurant is, how they manage to serve everyone when its so big. I've been to much smaller establishments that struggle to cope with a handful of people in the restaurant. I think these guys should be highly commended. Lovely lovely experience.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The decor in here is fantastic, you could be forgiven for thinking that you are eating in London or Manhattan. Careful attention to detail has been paid and you can tell.
The menu is varied basic and reasonably priced.
The food started off good and is unfortunately going downhill.
It's a pity to say that because I really like the restaurant, it's location, value and menu. It should really work. But the quality of it's food really let's it down. Couldn't finish my lunch tge last time I was there. I'm not a fussy eater so that's nor a good sign.
All is not lost just please-quality control on what your serving!