“drab”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Sorry but it is such a badly decorated building that it possibly takes from any enjoyment one may have eating there. The food is ok - went once had a fish cake meal and it was was quite good. went another day had their house salad and at nearly 8euro it consisted of watery lettuce a few sad tomatoes, a few slices of apple and a few pieces of rubbery bacon - not good. no atmosphere and staff seem to feel the gloom

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Just ok.. I took my daughter for lunch while shopping in Limerick. Afterwards I regretted wasting part of my €5.40 parking fee on an instantly forgettable lunch & will not be returning.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Its more like a run down cafe than a restaurant. The food is dreadful the pasta was from a bag with a sauce that came out of a jar. Its a disaster and would advise people not to go there. McDonnells would be better.

CARMEL. Clare

1  Thank Carmel534
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Nothing positive to report. The waitress brought the wrong wine, and poured it before I could see the bottle, or taste it.. Soup arrived without bread. Over half dishes on menu were not available. My curry was watery and tasteless. It arrived with rice when I had ordered chips. Chips arrived 5 minutes later and were grossly undercooked. We couldn't face desserts, which were billed as home made but looked tired and bought-in. One of the worst restaurants I have ever eaten in any where in the world! Our meals elsewhere in Limerick were excellent.

1  Thank Galen759
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We bought this through Groupon. It gave us a meal for two and we bought a voucher too for another couple. It was a Friday night and the place was indeed busy. I had heard of the Gasworks before, nothing bad, just that it was 'another restaurant' in Limerick. I was not expecting much, but I have to say, despite other reviews, our meal was wonderful.

The steak was cooked to perfection it was pink and soft on the inside. The Pork medalions were so tender that they melted in your mouth. The Sri-Lankan curry, I have to say was a little strong and I couldn't taste the coconut milk in it, but it was still very tasty and served beautifully. Finally the Chicken looked lovely too.

We seem to have to wait a while for our glass of wine but after that it was fantastic service. The owner was telling us about her brother who has catered for Paul McCartney, Madonna and other celebs. The skill obviously runs in the family.

I am hoping that the decor (especially downstairs) is work in progress though. There are no signs on the toilet door upstairs for the ladies and it is in fact in the middle of the restaurant. Downstairs, the carpet is grubby and the toilet needs a good clean. I am sure these are things that will be sorted in time though. It is nice to have diversity in O'Connell street, rather than just steak houses and take-a-ways.

In all we enjoyed it and should the voucher come up again we would certainly buy one. I wouldn't actually pay full whack there as I think the prices are a little on the steep side.