“Great another one to add to the list”
Review of Paparazzi - CLOSED

Paparazzi
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Was really surprised by my lunch today! Taste explosion! Really good fresh food in an elegant and quirky venue. Reasonably priced and generous portions. I had the Southern fried chicken and a sparkling water cost 9.50. I'll be back good kids menu but not child friendly though

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I work in the neighbourhood where Papa'z Bistro, as it is called now, is situated. There are a lot of places to go for Lunch in this part of the city but this is a 1 to 2 times a week place for me, it is that nice. It has a charmingly nonchalant décor, very friendly service and the majority of what is on your plate is that fresh you can taste the difference. The sugo on their meatball sandwich is simply divine and I've heard so much about their Amazing Chicken dish it is reaching legendary status so I have to try it next time. Great Lunch, try it!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

As an FYI, the name has recently changed to Papa'Z. Same location, though.

Papa'Z is our go-to place while on holiday in Limerick. The proprietor has a straightforward approach to food: simple, fresh, local. The sambos can't be beat for a properly-portioned lunch, bursting with flavor. The Goatee Sambo is unique and delicious, and the Amazing Chicken lives up to its name. Greens are fresh and flavorful, and sauces and spices enhance versus overwhelming the food. Larger dishes, such as the risotto--wow. Perfectly portioned, super flavor, and enhanced with absolutely perfect salads. The coffee is smooth (also Irish, and ground per cup,) and service could not have been more hospitable. Enjoy real food, prepared to order, and delivered with care. What more could you want from a meal?

Prices are reasonable, food is some of the best we have enjoyed in Limerick, and the space is near shopping and entertainment. Truly a gem in this lovely city.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've been to Papa'z restaurant twice now with a friend, and both times the food has been exceptionally good! I love the simple, bright decor and the homey feel to it! (You can see the chef making the fresh bread etc.) The first time, it was early-ish morning and I must admit I was disappointed to not see a the stereotypical Full Irish brekkie available! I opted for a Tuna Melt pitta which was pretty amazing, so happy I did, even though there was no sweetcorn in it! That surprised me, still really good though! My friend got a beautifully presented Scrambled Eggs for her breakfast. (I know, how nice can they be? But they were actually really well done! Homemade Brown Bread & Falafels were served with it also, very impressed!) I must admit, service was lacking, it wasn't that the waitress was unfriendly, more disinterested than anything else! However, we returned and once again, wonderful food! If you're a foodie, go here for sure! I had the Meatball pitta, which, although incredibly saucey, it was amazing! I really love their homemade pitta bread! My friend chose a lovely salad which she was very impressed with! She adores their homemade pesto! They add such lovely touches to their food, it's always so tasty and well thought out, which really is rare in reasonably priced cafes like this one! Unfortunately I found their service to be a little offputting, but if this improves, it'd be a 5 star stop for sure! :)

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Went Saturday afternoon (around 3) with my husband and our 21mo daughter. Was a little underwhelmed with the decor, but it was clean, and the waitress was lovely. Requested a highchair but they only had 1 (in a city!!) and it was in use.
Ordered the pulled pork and meatball 'sandwiches' for the waitress to come back a few min later to say they were out of meatballs...poor waitress was a tad embarrassed. Husband ordered pulled pork as well.
The sandwiches are actually a stuffed homemade pitta pocket, which was really tasty, but fell down on presentation. It arrived out in a bowl, lined with a napkin that fell apart due to the sauce soaking out through the pitta and resulted in an unexpected bite of tissue!!
The toilets were clean, but missing the finishing touches...I personally hate loose toilet rolls on the back of the loo! And the water stains can be removed with a good descaler!
All in all, I found that the pork was tasty...while my husband thought it lacked a little seasoning...the cappuccino was lovely and it was reasonably priced. A second chance is in order...

1  Thank fnib