“Nice Hotel, Nice Staff”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed at the Limerick Radisson for one sat night towards the end of Oct. Very friendly staff at check in, room was very nice. Had lunch and drinks in the hotel bar which was excellent and we were attended to really well by more very friendly staff. After a small rest, we headed to the restaurant for dinner. This was the only disappointing aspect of our stay. The food was average, the wine list was poor and we didn't think the setting for an evening meal was very nice. We felt that the restaurant area where we were seated was too open to the hotel foyer area and lacking in atmosphere.
This aside, we had a really nice evening in the bar after dinner and had a wonderful breakfast the next morning.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay but for future visits would probably venture into the city to eat if we were looking for a more satisfying dining experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray64
RadissonLim, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay and delighted that you enjoyed it and felt our staff were very friendly. I have passed on your comments to the relevant departments, our Bar Manager Rod was happy to hear you praise his department.
In relation to the Restaurant, these comments will be discussed at their next meeting. We frequently change our Wine Lists so we will look at our current offering and see if we can change some items around to give a more rounded variety. The Restaurant is open plan, however we added in the voile a number of years back and had experimented with leaving these open - I will speak with our general manager and see if an alternative can be reached.
If I can assist you with anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me and once again, thank you for your comments.
Director of Sales and Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Reasonably clean if slightly dated hotel offering a reasonable return for our money. Bar prices too heavy, €6.50 for a glass of mediocre red wine, could have bought a bottle in a supermarket fr cheaper and consumed in the room. Good size spacious lobby with plenty of seating. Had to request an anti-slip matt for the shower as one is not provided! Good quality breakfast and good variety of food. I needed a bottle of water but nowhere in the hotel to get one, was not paying bar prices,so I had to drive to the nearest shop for one.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on our hotel and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
If I may address your other comments, I will then pass these on to the relevant department manager.
Our Bar prices are based at the RRP and the local market, but perhaps we need to look at the Wines on offer. We do offer a good range of our house wines at a very competitive price of €12.95 per bottle, so if you choose to return to us, perhaps you can sample one of these. We do sell full 1 litre bottles of still and sparkling water and these would have been available by dialing our One Touch Service or at the Bar.
The anti slip mat is available on a request basis as outlined in the information binder in the room, along with a card in the bathroom as not all guests choose to use them.
I do hope that you will return to visit us soon, and if I can assist you with anything at all, please do let me know.
Regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed here for a night with a 2 course meal as part of the offer. Our room was a bit dated and the shower was poor. Saying that the staff were freindly and the food was fairly good. I had the steak which was ok. There was a very good selection for breakfast too. We also visited the thermal suite which again was in 3-4 star territory.
The hotel is probably 4-5 miles outside the city and it doesn't take too long to get into. So overall id say it is a decent spot to stay visiting Limerick but you would probably have to look out for a deal to really get your worth. We certainly got value for what we paid.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and that you felt you experienced good value for money and our staff were friendly. I will pass these on to the relevant departments to discuss at their next meeting and will action any further points accordingly.
Hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Yea, parts of the hotel are a bit tired, i.e. the lifts and the pool is a bit small and lukewarm; but the staff were so accomodating, so kind, can't speak highly enough of them. Remembered my son's name from the moment we checked in, throughout the weekend, so helpful during lunch with the high chair and washing his bowl and cutlery, setting up the cot in the room, wish I could remember their names, one was the assistant manager I think, maybe, Indian guy and another was a quiet slim Irish girl with glasses, brown hair working in the restaurant, another lady, blonde hair, 30 or so maybe Eastern European, very assertive and assisted us so much. Staff at the leisure centre were lovely too and the spa area looked great, though I was too busy chasing an 18mth old around the pool. If you get a deal to go here or if you fly into Shannon I don't think you'll be disappointed. The food was good. The breakfast was fantastic and they had wine offers on that seemed incredible. The floor we were (2nd I think) on was a bit smokey when you came off the lift but nothing like that when you went into the room. We actually saw a deal there recently and tried to book in for this weekend but they couldn't accomodate us on the Saturday as they had a wedding. There was a christening on when we were there and they were so wonderful to the family and I didn't feel it impinged on our stay so they seem to be very good at managing small events etc. What am I like? I should be on the payroll? Ah seriously I usually stay in the Marriott (now the Savoy) or the Strand in Limerick City but it was a nice respite.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
RadissonLim, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel - we pride ourselves on our staff and the service we extend to all of our guests - both Big and Small. I am delighted that you tried our hotel out this visit and I do hope that you might consider a return visit in the months to come.
tom.shanahan@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I'm so glad I never paid for the weekend at Radisson in Limerick! Basically I won it in Christmas Raffle... I was happy, living in Dublin at the time. Went with my boyfriend. Hotel looks like very 70' style. Very tired!

Room really small with ugly views. Bed linen old but clean. Overall cleanliness quite good.

Pool was a good size, water bit smelly though. Jacuzzi was a big joke. Smelled like old feet and body odor.

Food only ok.

Staff friendly.

I will not come back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marta D
RadissonLim, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review - disappointed to read your review and that it was in relation to your stay in November 2010. We have made a substantial number of changes to our services and product in the last 12 months so I am 100% confident that should you choose to revisit us in the future, you will experience the 4* service and product that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

stayed in raddison for three nights over weekend found the staff very friendly and helpful check in was quick .bedrooms were clean and spacious .overall had a lovely stay and would definietly recommend it to other people

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel - I have passed on your comments to all of our staff at last weeks management meeting,
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 20 September 2011

We decided to take a long weekend and treat ourselves to a spa - we chose the Radisson in Limerick and I am so glad we did. The staff could not have been more helpful, the room was excellent, and the food over the weekend was superb. The Spa 'Rain' was everything we had hoped for - great setting, tranquil, plenty of treatments to choose from and again the staff really professional and helpful - you have to try the outdoor jacuzzi ! We would recommend this hotel to everyone, and we will be going back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel and spa - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff professional and helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you bcak in the future.