Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights the last weekend of November. Our initial impressions were that the room was large and comfortable, food good, moreso in the bar than the restaurant, and during our time there, we both felt the staff we dealt with to be excellent. In fact, I would have given this Hotel a Very Good rating if it were not for what took place AFTER we checked out.
We had bought a new Digital camera just 2 days before our trip to Limerick and in fact the thing was hardly out of its box that weekend and we did not take it out of the room. Unfortunately, when we checked out, we left the camera sitting in its open box on the table beside the TV. We only realised this when we unpacked when we got back to Dublin that evening. It included 2 software discs for the camera, instruction manual and a USB cable.
My girlfirend immediately called the hotel to inform them that we had left the camera in the room. The phone was answered by an extremely unhelpful member of staff. Without even really listening to my girlfriend he immediately informed her that the rooms had not been cleaned yet and she should call back the next day after 2pm! When she tried to tell him where the camera would be, so the cleaning staff would be able to spot it immediately, he again just repeated that she should call back after 2pm the next day. So, my girlfirend came off the phone feeling extremely annoyed with this guy. Fearing she would just get the same guy again if she called back, she resolved to call back the next morning and not after 2pm!
On doing so, she dealt with a more helpful member of staff who agreed to call her straight back once the room was checked. True to her word she did, but informed us that the camera was not in the room. We were very disappointed by this as we knew that we had left the camera on the table beside the TV in that room. Sometime between us leaving the room and it being cleaned, it had vanished! The staff member told us she would ask Housekeeping to call us when she got back to work in 2 days time.
My girlfriend, feeling very aggreived at this stage, as I was myself, called back again the next day to complain and dealt again with a friendly member of staff who said they would get a manager to ring us. A day later someone did ring us but really we were on a beaten docket and never really got anywhere.
Initially the fault is no-one's but out own in leaving the camera in the room at the end of our stay. However, we were bitterly disappointed by the initial response of the hotel later that evening when we informed them and also by the fact that the camera disappeared from a locked room.
Morale of the story I suppose is, make sure you take that extra look around when checking out, otherwise you may not see your stuff again! Nice stay made very bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Limerick is located on the borders of Limerick City and County Clare in Ireland's Shannon Region. The hotel has undergone an exciting redevelopment in 2015 with newly upgraded bedrooms, public areas and conferencing facilities. This 4 star hotel offers luxury accommodation, complimentary car parking, extensive parkland grounds and gardens, Porter's Restaurant, Quench bar, cocktail bar, leisure facilities & Rain Spa & Wellness Clinic. The hotel is the ideal location for exploring the West of Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way, just a short 5 minute drive to Limerick City Centre, King Johns Castle, The Hunt Museum and Thomond Park Rugby Stadium. This region offers a thriving nightlife, a host of excellent restaurants and shops, world famous golf links and parkland courses and the country's most stunning visitor attractions, including The Burren, Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle and Folk Park.Just a 5 minute drive from Limerick City and 10 minutes from Shannon Airport, the hotel is the ideal base for both the Corporate and the Leisure Guest. All spacious guest-rooms include coffee/tea making facilities, luxury beds, reading chair & lamps, flat screen TV, personal coded safe, trouser press and complimentary WI-FI access, spacious bathrooms include power shower with hand held shower massage, sink/vanity, hair dryer and loudspeakers from TV/Radio system. The conference and meeting facilities at the hotel is one of the largest in the Limerick and Shannon region. The venue space, free car parking along with the proximity to Shannon airport and national motorway routes makes the hotel the perfect business venue. Rain Spa and Wellness Clinic at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick, offers the perfect opportunity to rejuvenate mind, body & soul. This facility includes 9 treatment rooms, a thermal suite, outdoor hot tub, relaxation suite, wet treatment rooms and state of the art Leisure Club. All residents receive complimentary access to the Thermal Suite and Outdoor Hot Tub at Rain Leisure and a 15% discount off treatments at Rain Spa. The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick is a family friendly hotel. The outdoor play area, swimming pool and gardens along with so many local family attractions make the hotel an ideal destination or touring base ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Rezidor, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel And Spa, Limerick
- Radisson Blu Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Limerick
- Limerick Radisson