“Weekend Break”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Galway
“Weekend Break”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Booked this hotel for a weekend break for me and my wife to do a little Christmas shopping in Limerick.The hotel rooms are very spacious and well furnished with all the comforts you would expect from a four star hotel except for having more space,We found the staff in this hotel to be very obliging and friendly,the hotel was kept very warm especially the rooms during this winter break.The breakfast was excellent I would go so far as saying probably the best hotel breakfasts me and my wife have ever had.The restaurant in the evening is not to the same standard the food was just about OK but the service very good, it is pub grub in a restaurant. The bar food was OK as far as bar food goes.We will definitely use this hotel again as we both enjoyed our stay.Overall very good comfortable hotel with friendly staff and a excellent breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mitchellgcm
Tom S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
Thank you for your positive review - delighted that you felt our hotel and staff met and exceeded your requirements while you stayed with us. I will pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager as we regularly change our menus.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the New Year.
Happy Christmas
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My husband and I stayed for one night a week ago. From the outside the hotel could do with a bit of a "spruce up", however on entering the reception area you forget the outside. The reception/foyer area is very nice, modern & welcoming. There are lots of comfy couches spread out around the area with lovely fires glowing. Our check in was hassle free, and we had no problem finding our room. The room was standard, but it was spotlessly clean and the bed linen was clean & fresh. The tv was ancient with a poor choice of channels, but I'm sure with Saorview on the way all outdated hotel tv's will have to be updated. After a busy day of shopping we decided to order room service which was lovely and good value for money. Breakfast on Sunday is served until 11 a.m. which is nice for those requiring a lie in. We were very pleased with breakfast and there was a great selection on offer. We then hit the spa area. We had a few hours before our treatments and we really enjoyed the outdoor hot tub, tropical rain shower etc. The relaxation area is very, very nice and there are 9 treatment rooms. We were both having treatments and our therapists came and took us on time. I have to say I've visited many spa's and it would be hard to find a therapist as nice as my therapist Jennifer, she was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and made me feel very relaxed.I would highly recommend her and look forward to visiting "Rain spa" again. We also had lunch in the hotel that day and it was delicious with plenty of choice, also the "help yourself" dessert table is a must.....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ailish W
Tom S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Many thanks for your very positive review - I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and in particular the treatments that you received from Jenny - I will pass your comments on to her - she will be delighted. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Regards
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights the last weekend of November. Our initial impressions were that the room was large and comfortable, food good, moreso in the bar than the restaurant, and during our time there, we both felt the staff we dealt with to be excellent. In fact, I would have given this Hotel a Very Good rating if it were not for what took place AFTER we checked out.

We had bought a new Digital camera just 2 days before our trip to Limerick and in fact the thing was hardly out of its box that weekend and we did not take it out of the room. Unfortunately, when we checked out, we left the camera sitting in its open box on the table beside the TV. We only realised this when we unpacked when we got back to Dublin that evening. It included 2 software discs for the camera, instruction manual and a USB cable.

My girlfirend immediately called the hotel to inform them that we had left the camera in the room. The phone was answered by an extremely unhelpful member of staff. Without even really listening to my girlfriend he immediately informed her that the rooms had not been cleaned yet and she should call back the next day after 2pm! When she tried to tell him where the camera would be, so the cleaning staff would be able to spot it immediately, he again just repeated that she should call back after 2pm the next day. So, my girlfirend came off the phone feeling extremely annoyed with this guy. Fearing she would just get the same guy again if she called back, she resolved to call back the next morning and not after 2pm!

On doing so, she dealt with a more helpful member of staff who agreed to call her straight back once the room was checked. True to her word she did, but informed us that the camera was not in the room. We were very disappointed by this as we knew that we had left the camera on the table beside the TV in that room. Sometime between us leaving the room and it being cleaned, it had vanished! The staff member told us she would ask Housekeeping to call us when she got back to work in 2 days time.

My girlfriend, feeling very aggreived at this stage, as I was myself, called back again the next day to complain and dealt again with a friendly member of staff who said they would get a manager to ring us. A day later someone did ring us but really we were on a beaten docket and never really got anywhere.

Initially the fault is no-one's but out own in leaving the camera in the room at the end of our stay. However, we were bitterly disappointed by the initial response of the hotel later that evening when we informed them and also by the fact that the camera disappeared from a locked room.

Morale of the story I suppose is, make sure you take that extra look around when checking out, otherwise you may not see your stuff again! Nice stay made very bad.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Commandante
Thank you for taking the time to write your review - overall it seemed to be a very positive stay - as you mentioned that the hotel was confortable with excellent staff. I am however disappointed to read your comments with regards to your camera. There was an investigation into this and I can assure you that the room was checked and rechecked having received your calls. I know you have been speaking with our Management here and I am sorry that you feel that the respose has been insufficient.
Regards
Director of Sales
kildare
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Great staff, made feel very welcome with our 22 month old. We went midweek November so was lovely and quiet and we were able to have our dinner in the lobby instead of the bar by the open fireplace which was very cosy. The pool is tiny but we had it all to ourselves so we felt great. Little teething things like not enough towels in the bathroom for three and the baby cot wasn't in the room and not enough decafs etc but rectified immediately when asked for them all, nothing was too much trouble. Very good value break at €49 for us all so can't really complain for this money. Also I find it very difficult to get skimmed milk, decaf and low low in hotels these days and they had all three which was great!!! I really like the spread for breakfast too as they had all the extra condiments you could ask for and then had things like honey and lemon which was great for me as was suffering from a sore throat so all these little extras came in very handy. The only issue was two very rude drunken women that came in at 4am and woke us all up including the baby. This is out of the hotel's control of course but as soon as I called down they were up to them to shut them up. Then I was given abuse at 4am in the morning from them in my PJ's in the middle of the hall when I asked them to be quiet and the following morning they banged our door on the way out, which was extremely childish and frightening for the baby. I hope they read this and realise their idiotic behaviour and will hopefully think twice about it next time they stay in a hotel. But again I can't blame the hotel for this, it was a circumstance that happened.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
RadissonLim, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Many thanks for taking the time to write you positive review. I am delighted that you felt we offered great value for money and that the food and service from our staff were well received. We hope that you will return in the future and keep an eye out for our special mid term Family Breaks.
Cork
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel recently for three nights with my partner and overall I was happy. It isn't our first time staying at the hotel and it probably won't be our last. The rooms are lovely and comfortable (I would recommend upgrading to business class).

The pool and thermal suite are very relaxing, a great place to unwind!

I used the spa and the treatment was first class, the only negative I have is that there is a relaxation suite in the spa and people using this area are supposed to whisper. I had the misfortune to be there at the same time as a couple of ladies who were talking and laughing loudly, I was disappointed that a member of staff didn't ask them to quiten down and consider other guests who were trying to relax. This took away from my spa experience and I didn't leave the spa as relaxed as I would have hoped!

The food in the restaurant is very good, however we were disappointed to discover that the restaurant was closed on Sunday eveneing, and I think this is something guests shoould be made aware of when checking in. Also there is special offers advertised in the lifts, such as a loyalty card for quench bar, but when I asked the staff about the loyalty card they didn't know what I was talking about!

Room Tip: upgrade to business class, and ask for a room away from the air conditioning.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel and delighted that you have stayed with us on numerous occasions. We dicuss all of our reviews at our weekly management meetings and I will ensure that your comments re the Spa and Restaurant are addressed. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 30 November 2011

had really nice meal, and great service in the restaurant, staff very professional and yet friendly still enjoying our stay....

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very positive comments with regards to our Restaurant - we pride ourselves on our quality and variety of food, with service to match. I will ensure that this is passed on directly to our staff.
Warm Regards,
North Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 8 November 2011

we were tired when we arrived but the staff made us feel very welcome. We both enjoyed the heated pool. We met another couple there who were from Ireland and gave us tips for great places to dine.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dayna l
RadissonLim, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Many thanks for your lovely review - hopefully you managed to rejuvenate yourselves while here. I will be delighted to pass on your nice comments to our staff. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.