“Very disappointing”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Seattle, Washington
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was my first stay at a Radisson Blu property. I expected more from a Radisson. What I got was a room with a 30 year old T.V. That took 4 minutes to warm up, and located so high, that it was difficult to watch without neck strain after a half hour. Empty beer bottles on the roof outside my window, and tired old wood furniture that looked like Scandinavian cast-offs. The bed was very lumpy & old. Breakfast was poorly prepared and service was also lacking.
I would not stay here again, and can't help but wonder if this the standard I will see at other Radisson Blu properties.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank charlesodonnell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
cork
Reviewed 26 August 2013

one of the worst hotels i stayed in. thank god it was for one night only.the bedrooms have no airconditioning to hot and sticky to sleep in. and to top it all we had to listen to pipe music all night long they had no orther bedroom available on the night of our stay to change us to what a [--] food is well below average and the so called manger when and if you can make contact with is less than helpful safe to say never again would i dream of staying here again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank David_SB2928AJ
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Rang last minute to see it they had any availability. Girl on the phone said she was on her own and was trying to check in another guest. She said she'd have to ring me back !! I was surprised by this to say the least. She did ring me back And gave me a price for the night. Her name was Niamh and I found her extremely friendly. I found the room to be more than adequate and was pleased to see a lovely coffee machine in the room. In general I couldn't argue with the room or its decor.

The restaurant was a a different story though. I had a chicken salad starter and it was scarcely edible. It was like smoked chicken but was the completely processed cheapest of the cheap type chicken. I was shocked that it was so not in keeping with the rest of the hotel. For my main course I had sea bass and this was ok. Others around me were handing back food for being cold and others were complaining that food was taking so long etc. in summary, the restaurant offering seemed completely consistent with a premises in decline and not that of a thriving business.

After dinner I had a few pints in the bar and found the staff ok. Mostly foreign lads who were friendly enough but not what you might expect in an Irish hotel bar. They wouldn't be what you would call chatty - except amongst themselves.

Overall an average experience. I know the place is in receivership and that's why I wanted to support the place but it will have to really raise its game to compete for my business in the future.

Stayed August 2013
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed here for my birthday in June. My five children arranged it as a surprise and my daughter from Brussels and my son from London were there,also my grandchildren.So the making of a great weekend. My husband and I were booked into the executive suite which was decorated with balloons and banners. The room was really lovely,hugh bathroom, very comfortable bed. We were looked after so well by the lovely staff. We had our lunch in one of the bars,served with champayne, the food was excellent. Dinner in hotel that night was just as good, with plenty of variety. Again the table was decorated with balloons and cake brought to table by waitress when we finished meal. Breakfast had everything you could want, even the children were happy with their choices. The pool was great for the children, my favourite was the hot tub, such bliss. There is also a nice patio, where we spent a lot of time as the weather was so good. There were plenty of shaded areas too. We went out on second night for dinner to La Chocolate which was recommended to us. If ever you are in Limerick it is well worth a visit. Had a great weekend, really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: I was in a few rooms as I went with family and all the rooms seemed to be good.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ursula2909
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just spent 2 nights here the 15th and 16th of August, absolutely loved it, staff were always helpful and lovely to deal with especially the bar staff and a special thanks to the bar manager rod you looked after us so much and was always very pleasant. Couldn't have asked for a better 2 night stay we really enjoyed it, it was relaxed and the staff were always ready to help, thank you all for wonderful stay from the Dublin couple

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rach_Ward83
Alice Springs, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 6,193 helpful votes
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Our group stayed one night here while on a tour. Rooms nod beds are not too bad. The restaurant at the hotel though was extremely slow. You would think having groups booking in they would be prepared. Our three meals took almost an hour and a half before being delivered and it only consisted of a sandwich, lasagne and fish and chips. The staff were flat out trying to cope and we had several apologies from our waitress. We found out from several of our other friends that they eventually gave up and went to bed hungry. Not really a good thing you want to spread by word of mouth. I wouldn't really rate a place so low, but this was a shamble. Shame!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank 1TraveltheWorld
Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Our room was on the ground floor, #131. The room has no air conditioning and was quite warm, so I opened the window for some fresh air. The window has no screen to keep the critters out and just my luck, a large spider came running in. I've included a photo with this review that shows two other dead spiders on the window that have been there for a while (they go rather well with the bird droppings on the window and spider webs). The room has a damp musty smell to it and the television set has screen flicker so bad it will give you a head ache if you watch it (It's one of the old CRT TVs from 20 years ago). The hotel is in dire need of carpeting, repairs and is a filthy mess. The carpets in the hall ways are hideous (worn out), wall paper is peeling off the walls in our room and the Bar restaurant in the hotel has spider webs hanging from the ceiling. Look at the floor under the piano stool. It looks like it hasn't been swept in months. Look out our window. There's assorted garbage and an old cigarette lighter right out side. We are here with a three week Trafalgar tour and this is by far the worst hotel we have stayed in. If the hotel management reads this review I ask you to not waste your time responding to it. Instead, why don't you spend the time CLEANING YOUR FILTHY HOTEL.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple