We recently attended a convention held at the Radisson Blu and would like to praise the hotel and staff on such a wonderful weekend!
Having arrived a few days before the main weekend, we were able to use the hotel as a base for local attractions - it was in a nice location, close to Limerick but not too close. A car is almost essential, but not a problem for us.
The room was nice and simple, but still "homey" unlike some of the other conference geared hotels - only thing is, there was a severe lack of drawers in room. Clothes had to be placed in a cupboard, after the spare duvet was removed. Not ideal, but workable.
Staff were lovely and friendly. They struggled slightly with my accent in the bar, but service was always with a smile, even when inundated with Convention attendees. A bit more prepping on the hotel's part for the influx in guests would have been good, but they overcame the sudden surge quickly, especially at breakfast, where for the first day or so they ran out of hot food (although it was replaced promptly) before service finished.
The meals we ate in the bar/(once) in the restaurant were of a nice quality and I recommended both to others while we were staying. The spa was lovely, although I wasn't expecting an outside hot tub! We spent a few hours milling around there, using the facilities, which was definitely worth it.
Overall I'd say this was a lovely hotel, lovely staff (who were happy to chat when not busy) and an enjoyable atmosphere. If we are going to Limerick again, I would definitely rebook!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Limerick is located on the borders of Limerick City and County Clare in Ireland's Shannon Region. The hotel has undergone an exciting redevelopment in 2015 with newly upgraded bedrooms, public areas and conferencing facilities. This 4 star hotel offers luxury accommodation, complimentary car parking, extensive parkland grounds and gardens, Porter's Restaurant, Quench bar, cocktail bar, leisure facilities & Rain Spa & Wellness Clinic. The hotel is the ideal location for exploring the West of Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way, just a short 5 minute drive to Limerick City Centre, King Johns Castle, The Hunt Museum and Thomond Park Rugby Stadium. This region offers a thriving nightlife, a host of excellent restaurants and shops, world famous golf links and parkland courses and the country's most stunning visitor attractions, including The Burren, Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle and Folk Park.Just a 5 minute drive from Limerick City and 10 minutes from Shannon Airport, the hotel is the ideal base for both the Corporate and the Leisure Guest. All spacious guest-rooms include coffee/tea making facilities, luxury beds, reading chair & lamps, flat screen TV, personal coded safe, trouser press and complimentary WI-FI access, spacious bathrooms include power shower with hand held shower massage, sink/vanity, hair dryer and loudspeakers from TV/Radio system. The conference and meeting facilities at the hotel is one of the largest in the Limerick and Shannon region. The venue space, free car parking along with the proximity to Shannon airport and national motorway routes makes the hotel the perfect business venue. Rain Spa and Wellness Clinic at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick, offers the perfect opportunity to rejuvenate mind, body & soul. This facility includes 9 treatment rooms, a thermal suite, outdoor hot tub, relaxation suite, wet treatment rooms and state of the art Leisure Club. All residents receive complimentary access to the Thermal Suite and Outdoor Hot Tub at Rain Leisure and a 15% discount off treatments at Rain Spa. The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick is a family friendly hotel. The outdoor play area, swimming pool and gardens along with so many local family attractions make the hotel an ideal destination or touring base ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel And Spa, Limerick
- Radisson Blu Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Limerick
- Limerick Radisson