Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
US$68
US$241
US$196
1,501 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubquench bara business class roomshannon airportkids clubbar foodthermal suiterelaxation roomlovely hotelbunratty castleleisure centrechanging roomsfamily roomsteam roomtop classweekend breakenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed for a weekend and were surprised at how much the hotel itself and grounds needed a make-over, it was very disappointing to see it so run down when it has such great potential. Having said that, we found the staff helpful and friendly, our evening meal there was lovely and the buffet breakfast was very decent. We also enjoyed the pool and thermal suite while we were there. It was a nice weekend but don't know if I'd stay there again

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel seems long overdue for some refurbishing. Found several things that were in poor condition and needed replacement including the sheer curtains (wrinkled and with holes). Carpeting (seems to be coming up and is ragged and loose in spots), luggage carts (on their last legs), window woodwork (damaged and in poor condition), hallway walls (marred), landscaping (weedy and unkempt), children's outdoor play area (not in service). Found the breakfast to be weak. Pastries not worth their calories, watery scrambled eggs. Easy drive into the city or to the airport. Appeared as though they had not invested in keeping the property attractive, perhaps they were debating about keeping it? It seems harsh with everything said, clearly I was disappointed.

2  Thank Ann J
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent one Saturday night in this hotel recently. Was very impressed by the efficiency of the reception staff. Despite the fact the hotel was full there were no delays in checking in and the staff had time to help. Room was fine, comfortable and spacious. Just one small criticism, while the housekeeper had remembered to leave her name on the welcome card, she had unfortunately forgotten to replace the toilet roll or tissue box which were empty.

Had a very nice meal in the bar in the evening and the bar staff were extremely attentive and helpful, even to the point of recommendations from the menu.
The bar filled up completely after the match in the local rugby ground finished and unfortunately there was a very vocal small crowd which took over part of the bar and made it a bit uncomfortable for other customers but I'm sure the staff will have dealt with it after we left.
Overall a very good hotel in a convenient area.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and we received exactly that. Not a sound despite the hotel being packed.
1  Thank Bert M
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here recently for a girlie spa package night. We started our day with lunch in the bar. Even though the hotel was very busy service was nice and prompt. We then spent the next few hours at the spa which was fantastic. Dinner that night was delicious and great value for money. We then proceeded to the bar for drinks. Bar is lovely and cosy but the bar staff need a seriously good shake. It took ages to get served and it wasn't due to lack of staff as there were plenty around. It was due to lack of common sense and time management. Everytime I went to the bar I had to ask to be served. At one stage even though the barman saw me he still continued to empty the dishwasher. I waved my money in his direction a few times but he continued to ignore me . We also had to clear the empty glasses off our table as no one seemed to be looking after the tables either. Its a pity really as the rest of the hotel was top class. Just a bit of training at the bar wouldn't go astray

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cailin_8
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I actually stayed here way back in April 2012 for the Heineken Quarter Final.

All round good standard hotel with excellent bar service and food.

Room was clean and very spacious which was nice.

Only negative during the stay was the fact when I asked for some poached eggs at breakfast they arrived on a piece of heavily blue moulded bread!

I raised this with the young waitress right away as obviously it was unintentional; she was visibly shocked herself and profusely apologised and said she would have it sorted right away.

She came back with fresh eggs a couple of minutes later after having mentioned to the manager it had happened. Within ear shot she asked her if she would come speak to me to which the manager looked in my direction and shrugged and walked off!

The poor girl came over and apologised again but it was not her fault so I didn't see the point in causing a fuss for her she did as best he could and was a credit to the hotel unlike the manager!

On the whole very good hotel obviously user pressure with guests for the rugby.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends