This was our 3rd visit to the Radisson Limerick. We'd a great experience there on our first visit in June 2007 hence why we returned a second time.
On our second visit, in Aug 2008, the room we were in was very shabby and in need of an overhaul and the TV didn't work but apart from that, all was fine until our last night when we ordered bar food. To make a long story short, the food we were delivered and started eating, was suddenly whisked away from us by the waiter, saying "sorry, wrong table" and brought to another table, that was on a level we couldn't see.
Therefore, our 3rd visit was as a result of a complimentary weekend to make up for the fiasco on the 2nd visit.
So 3rd visit arrived and we were very warmly greeted and all was going well. Room was nice and less shabby than our previous visit but the bathroom tiles were losing the grout and the lampshades were all broken and in need of replacing. There was no soap in the bathroom and to make matters worse, there was a half smoked cigarette, complete with ash in the ice bucket in our room!!
We went down for dinner the 1st night, which was included. After placing our order and having to request a chance of cutlery as the steak knife given to my friend was filthy, we were served by a grumpy waitress who informed the table beside us [when they asked her what was wrong with her] that she was tired and wanted to go home. This was only 9.45pm! She then proceeded to clear our table and piled the dishes up so high that she let them all drop and the uneaten food went all over my brand new top. No napkin or water was offered to me so I ended up having to dip my serviette in my glass of water to try and clean my top.
The manager followed us up to our room and requested my top as they were going to get it dry cleaned. This I appreciated as did the unexpected arrival of a drink from the waitress to apologise.
So onto our next day. We went out early and got back about 2.30pm as I wasn't feeling well. However, despite leaving the sign outside our door, our room hadn't been serviced. I rang reception and was told by a very rude receptionist "housekeeping get departure rooms ready first. They are here until 5pm so your room will be done sometime before that" When I informed her that I wanted to lie down due to being unwell etc, I'd a choice, stay in the room and not have it serviced or leave the room and get it serviced! Not good enough for a 4* hotel.
When housekeeping arrived on our corridor at 3.30pm, they spent the next 3 hours banging doors constantly and having loud chats outside our room. Despite asking them politely a couple of times to keep the noise down, they got louder and spoke in their own language.
By this stage, only for the fact that the weather was too bad to drive in, we would have headed straight home.
Our check out was completed by possibly the rudest, sourest and most ignorant receptionist I have ever come across. She never asked us if everything was ok and tried to charge us for the meal the 1st night, which was complimentary. When I pointed this out to her, she muttered under her breath in her own language and gave me a new bill.
It became very apparent over the duration of our stay, that unless you were part of a wedding group or attending/paying for some other big function, the hotel staff really doesn't care about how things are for you. The 100% satisfaction guarantee or you don't pay, doesn't exist either.
I left a comment card at reception, foolishly expecting to hear from the Manager, but to date, we've heard nothing. Given that this was a complimentary stay, it would have been polite and good manners to have contacted me on our return to make sure we'd had a good time.
This hotel needs to refurbish their rooms and to improve their staff relations. They need to improve their staff, with regards to manners and attitudes. Nothing worse than being in a hotel with rude and ignorant staff.
I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Limerick is located on the borders of Limerick City and County Clare in Ireland's Shannon Region. The hotel has undergone an exciting redevelopment in 2015 with newly upgraded bedrooms, public areas and conferencing facilities. This 4 star hotel offers luxury accommodation, complimentary car parking, extensive parkland grounds and gardens, Porter's Restaurant, Quench bar, cocktail bar, leisure facilities & Rain Spa & Wellness Clinic. The hotel is the ideal location for exploring the West of Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way, just a short 5 minute drive to Limerick City Centre, King Johns Castle, The Hunt Museum and Thomond Park Rugby Stadium. This region offers a thriving nightlife, a host of excellent restaurants and shops, world famous golf links and parkland courses and the country's most stunning visitor attractions, including The Burren, Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle and Folk Park.Just a 5 minute drive from Limerick City and 10 minutes from Shannon Airport, the hotel is the ideal base for both the Corporate and the Leisure Guest. All spacious guest-rooms include coffee/tea making facilities, luxury beds, reading chair & lamps, flat screen TV, personal coded safe, trouser press and complimentary WI-FI access, spacious bathrooms include power shower with hand held shower massage, sink/vanity, hair dryer and loudspeakers from TV/Radio system. The conference and meeting facilities at the hotel is one of the largest in the Limerick and Shannon region. The venue space, free car parking along with the proximity to Shannon airport and national motorway routes makes the hotel the perfect business venue. Rain Spa and Wellness Clinic at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick, offers the perfect opportunity to rejuvenate mind, body & soul. This facility includes 9 treatment rooms, a thermal suite, outdoor hot tub, relaxation suite, wet treatment rooms and state of the art Leisure Club. All residents receive complimentary access to the Thermal Suite and Outdoor Hot Tub at Rain Leisure and a 15% discount off treatments at Rain Spa. The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick is a family friendly hotel. The outdoor play area, swimming pool and gardens along with so many local family attractions make the hotel an ideal destination or touring base ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel And Spa, Limerick
- Radisson Blu Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Limerick
- Limerick Radisson