“RADISSON SAS LIMERICK WAS A FINE SPOT TO STAY”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,306 helpful votes
“RADISSON SAS LIMERICK WAS A FINE SPOT TO STAY”
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My wife and I stayed one night at the Radisson SAS recently while on a coach tour of Ireland. This was a lovely hotel with all the amenities. I found our stay here to be relaxing, the rooms well appointed and the staff to be polite and friendly. It was conveniently located for our purposes but if you are looking to sightsee by walking anywhere you should check the location of the hotel out on a map.

• Stayed July 2009
2 Thank JamesII
RadissonLim, Director of Sales and Marketing at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, 10 August 2009
Many thanks for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Westmeath, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Second time staying for business purposes in the specific business guest rooms, hotel was full and busy, but felt I received personal attention both in the bar and restaurant. Room area very quite and relaxing. Fruit bowl on arrival and great fesh breakfast with room service. Free parking, quite location, 5 minutes to city centre. Excellent business traveller hotel and no hesitaion staying again. Also there are benefits of not staying in city centre hotels if you have a working weekend.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank fjmch
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel - I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please do let us know if we can assist you with your requirements in the future.
n ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2009

after reading reviews i was very hesitant,but from day we arrived could not fault anything about service.we were abit far out as i needed hotel to be bit closer to castletroy golf club they even checked another hotel for me,but after giving me an easier alternative route as there was roadworks on the main carriageway i decided to stay on.i needed breakfast really early next morning that was all set up for me[choice for such early hour was great]meal in resturant was first class.every one of the staff couldnt do enough for you.

Stayed July 2009
1 Thank agribbs
Many thanks for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We stayed for one night in a family room after arriving into Shannon Airport. We dined in the restaurant, which was occupied by 5 other people and no wonder! The food was awful and i was charged in excess of 23 euro for a dry chicken breast and foul veg.' On going to bed we discovered that one side of the double bed my husband and I shared was broken. We were too tired to do anything about it and left it till morning. The breakfast was one of those disgusting stewed affairs-sitting around since god knows when. On checking out, we were asked if everything was to our satisfaction and so my husband told them about the broken bed. They replied that they would contact housekeeping! I had complained after dinner the previous night about the chicken in particular-and I stated that at the very least for that price it should have been organic, but no it was not! The complaint was listened to politely and the guy said he would certainly talk to the chef. I should think the chef has little say and the policy of the Raddisson is rip off central. This hotel was clean but very scuffed doorways and weeds in the garden. One could cope with all of that but really the food was unreal. I would never stay in a raddisson again and who do they think they are down at this hotel. No effort was made to discount the meal-which would have salved my wounds actually-and no follow up was conducted. Charming people I do not think.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank calla
RadissonLim, Director of Sales and Marketing at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, 3 July 2009
The hotel has responded directly to this guest and can assure you that this is not the norm. Awaiting a reply.
Galway Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I had stayed at the Radisson hotel the previous year and was very surprised at how the standards had sliped, the rooms were shabby and very basic things like tap fixtures and panels were unrepaired. We had to be moved due to a noisy air conditioner unit outside our window, and the second room was the same.
The hot tub in the spa was out of order (still) it had been the previous year too! , and the wee luxury items such as robes and spa treatments trials were non existant this time... I won't be going back a very disapointing experience....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank wearsunscreen1
RadissonLim, Sales and Marketing Director at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, 24 June 2009
I am very disappointed to hear you had a less than satisfactory stay with us.
I can assure you that this is not the standard that we operate on.
If I could trouble you to send me on your details we will ensure that the room is looked at.
In relation to the Hot Tub - we actually have a new one on order but it takes a couple of months to come in.
I would love to welcome you back to the hotel, should you wish to do so - you may contact me on tom.shanahan@radissonblu.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
dublin.ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2009

My husband & I stayed at this hotel 5th-7th June.We went for the Elton John Concert.When we arrived we were met by very friendly staff,who told us about the hotel facilitys we were staying in a bussiness class room which was realy lovely,The little extras go a long way.Bottle of wine,Fruit platter,lovely touch.We had our dinner in the dinning room the staff were very friendly and the dinner was realy lovely.we had a drink in the bar the staff there were also very friendly.Breakfast was on till 11 on Saturday & sunday.with lots to choose from fruit juices,Cereals,Hot breakfast,Fruit Baskets.Cheese and cold meats,lots of different Breads.Big pot of tea and coffee.Realy set you up for the day.There was a park and ride service to and from the concert,at 5euro return which was good if you could get on the bus on return,another story,nothing to do with the hotel.We did not use the spa or swimming pool so i cant coment on these.We did meet some very nice people from limerick and had a very nice weekend.and we will return some time soon.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
RadissonLim, Director of Sales and Marketing at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, 24 June 2009
Many thanks for your positive review - it is always nice to receive positive feedback in relation to our guests stay.
It was a very busy weekend for us so I am delighted we were able to offer consistent service to you.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Mullingar
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This was the beginning of our honeymoon, a 2 night stay - so far we have only spent one night here but felt the need to share our experience thus far! We are Radisson loyalty card members and were disappointed on arrival when compared with other Radisson's we have stayed in. When we booked our stay we did mention that this was our honeymoon but open check in it wasn't mentioned by the staff, we felt like just another number in the system. We were not looking for anything free but it would have been nice to have it mentioned, or a welcome drink or something to signify this important event to us. The room is okay - the temperature very warm. The staff came to adjust the heating but all they seemingly did was open a window. The bed is just two singles pushed together. One is slightly higher than the other so the join is very annoying. We had dinner in the restaurant last night as part of our package, of course it was off the set menu but the choices were limited to only 3 per course. The food was lovely though and the staff were very helpful. Unfortunately there was a wedding on and all the guests came out into the foyer and we could barely have a conversation with the noise - poor hotel design. So much for our quiet romantic meal. We checked out the spa and leisure centre - the hot tub was out of order, the pool a small boring rectangle, the steam room was good but the tropical and cold showers were rubbish. Today we are off to have spa treatments, hopefully they will be good. So we are a bit disappointed so far - it definitely doesn't feel like a honeymoon with the joined bed, loud restaurant, below Radisson standard pool / leisure facilities and of course because no one has acknowledged it. Will update this again after the rest of our stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BondKeogh
I am very disappointed to read your comments on the hotel and I can assure you that this is not the norm.
In know it was a very busy weekend for us with weddings and I am aware that we checked to see if we could give you an upgrade but as we were busy we did not have one available.
With regards to the Menu - I believe you chose off the Tab Menu - we do have an extensive A la Carte menu - which hopefully you would have offered.
I would of course be delighted if you would afford me the opportunity to make it up to you - if you wish to send me on your details to tom.shanahan@radissonblu.com