1,285 results
All reviewsthe riverkudos bartallest hotelcar parkhen partylovely hotelnext morningcity centrecourse mealstayed here for one nightgreat weekendstaff were lovelybar foodfamily roomfriday nightenjoyable staylast weekend
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I can't review the rooms as didn't stay at the hotel but attended the parties there a few times & had lunch there a few time. Food is really nice - curry is a really Curry! And all the options I went for when at the Birthday/ Christening etc. were always nice - chicken/pork. The desserts were also nice. Staff members were all pleasant. Leisure centre is also nice/ I got got membership there a few years ago - area is small but they have everything - swimming pool, steam room, sauna etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed at least Three Times.....over the past two years and am Dissapointed, Truly Amazed by the Unfair and Non-Objective Comments submitted by a few reviewers.
On One Occassion...Its True to Say, I did have a short wait at the Reception But this was Soley Due to the Staff being very busy; I was given a Warm, Friendly, Professional welcome and the Booking In Process was completed in a Matter Of Moments.
Throughout my stay, I found the Staff Members at All Levels were Excellent...Even to the Point Where A Porter attended my room and Helped Me with set up my computer.....as I could'nt manage on my own.
The Breakfasts were Exceptional, The Restaurant and Meals Served Therein were Ist Class and because of My Experiances ( overall ) have told my Family and Friends who have Not Only
Stayed....But Had Good Stays...on each occassion.
Liam V.D.Kirken

Room Tip: Rooms on the Upper Levels are Quieter, During Busy Periods.....Best of these that Overlook the River.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here for three nights and found the hotel clean and all the staff friendly and polite, the website for this hotel does not show how good it is but I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is either on business or leisure.

Room Tip: ask for rooms with a view over the river
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ClarionHotelLimerick, Front of House Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us before Christmas. A lot of work has recently been done on our website in order to make the site more user friendly, with better information on the hotel itself, our special offers and tourist attractions in the area. Thank you for our lovely comments regarding our staff and hotel, they are very much appreciated.I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Laura McNamara, Front of House Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family & I attended Sunday lunch at the Clarion hotel yesterday the 3rd of November and I would like to complement the hotel on the quality of food and service.
We ate in the Synergie Restaurant and enjoyed the Buffet Lunch, which had a great choice that appealed to my parents, parents in law, my husband and I and also our 2 young children aged 7 and 4.
The girl that served us ( I think her name was Magda) was so helpful and accommodating. It was my husbands 40th birthday and I had left a cake in the fridge. Magda did everything to ensure we were looked after and even so far as reserved seating for us in the bar afterwards where our other family members were meeting us.
My father in law is in a wheelchair and we found the hotel very friendly
The kids playroom was very clean and well equipped with toys and games for the kids, this is a fantastic service to the hotel.

I would just like to compliment the hotel on their quality service and I will certainly be recommending it to my friends and family and will certainly return ourselves again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed 1 night while on business in Limerick. Big hotel, room was ok but this place is definitely not worth the cost of staying. Carpets a bit ratty, signage very poor. Breakfast was pretty vile - obviously cheap ingredients. They tried to overcharge me when checking out. Room was ok. There's plenty of competition in Limerick so I think this place needs to smarten their act up.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HolidayDad2004
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you found your breakfast to be of a poor standard and that we tried to overcharge you on checkout. This is certainly not the normal standard in my hotel. Should you be returning to the area, I would appreciate if you could drop me an email directly so that I can make sure that we take very good care of you. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager (ituohy@clarionhotellimerick.com)