1,285 results
All reviewsthe riverkudos bartallest hotelcar parkhen partylovely hotelnext morningcity centrecourse mealstayed here for one nightgreat weekendstaff were lovelybar foodfamily roomfriday nightenjoyable staylast weekend
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for a 2 night stay with breakfast and dinner included. We found check in swift and went to our room which was clean and VERY high up with great views. The decor was lovely but I found the size of the room was small. Breakfast was lovely with a great selection and the the dinner was delicious. We are from Limerick ourselves but live in the county so it was just a little treat. Limerick gets bad press but its a wonderful city with loads of great shops and there is plenty to do and see. Id recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Limerick. Its in a great location just a few minutes walk to city centre thee food is fab and the price reasonable

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolineBee09
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I can't review the rooms as didn't stay at the hotel but attended the parties there a few times & had lunch there a few time. Food is really nice - curry is a really Curry! And all the options I went for when at the Birthday/ Christening etc. were always nice - chicken/pork. The desserts were also nice. Staff members were all pleasant. Leisure centre is also nice/ I got got membership there a few years ago - area is small but they have everything - swimming pool, steam room, sauna etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed at least Three Times.....over the past two years and am Dissapointed, Truly Amazed by the Unfair and Non-Objective Comments submitted by a few reviewers.
On One Occassion...Its True to Say, I did have a short wait at the Reception But this was Soley Due to the Staff being very busy; I was given a Warm, Friendly, Professional welcome and the Booking In Process was completed in a Matter Of Moments.
Throughout my stay, I found the Staff Members at All Levels were Excellent...Even to the Point Where A Porter attended my room and Helped Me with set up my computer.....as I could'nt manage on my own.
The Breakfasts were Exceptional, The Restaurant and Meals Served Therein were Ist Class and because of My Experiances ( overall ) have told my Family and Friends who have Not Only
Stayed....But Had Good Stays...on each occassion.
Liam V.D.Kirken

Room Tip: Rooms on the Upper Levels are Quieter, During Busy Periods.....Best of these that Overlook the River.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here for three nights and found the hotel clean and all the staff friendly and polite, the website for this hotel does not show how good it is but I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is either on business or leisure.

Room Tip: ask for rooms with a view over the river
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ClarionHotelLimerick, Front of House Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us before Christmas. A lot of work has recently been done on our website in order to make the site more user friendly, with better information on the hotel itself, our special offers and tourist attractions in the area. Thank you for our lovely comments regarding our staff and hotel, they are very much appreciated.I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Laura McNamara, Front of House Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family & I attended Sunday lunch at the Clarion hotel yesterday the 3rd of November and I would like to complement the hotel on the quality of food and service.
We ate in the Synergie Restaurant and enjoyed the Buffet Lunch, which had a great choice that appealed to my parents, parents in law, my husband and I and also our 2 young children aged 7 and 4.
The girl that served us ( I think her name was Magda) was so helpful and accommodating. It was my husbands 40th birthday and I had left a cake in the fridge. Magda did everything to ensure we were looked after and even so far as reserved seating for us in the bar afterwards where our other family members were meeting us.
My father in law is in a wheelchair and we found the hotel very friendly
The kids playroom was very clean and well equipped with toys and games for the kids, this is a fantastic service to the hotel.

I would just like to compliment the hotel on their quality service and I will certainly be recommending it to my friends and family and will certainly return ourselves again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family