“Great hotel - great Value”

Clayton Hotel Limerick
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Ireland
“Great hotel - great Value”
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I stayed that the hotel in February with 2 friends. Firstly would like to mention what a great deal we got - B&B and evening diner (4 course) with a complimentary drink for €50 Per person. Bargain of the century. When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist was very nice and pleasant. And offered us free newpaper and complimentary drinks each with dinner. Our room had 3 single beds which was ideal. Fantastic views, clean and spacious room, with all the facilities youd expect. Dinner that evening in the restaurant was very tasty, and again the views were looking out at limerick city were fabulous.Again breakfast next morning was very well organise with excellent varity available.

We did use the pool,jacuzzi, sauna and steam room which were only ok! but the one downside was the showers and changing rooms were small and a bit manky which was bit disappointing- but all in all we couldnt complain! we didnt leave the hotel while we were there!! Going back again in May for another night away.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Cork , Ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We stayed as a group of seven ladies on a weekend away and I really must say the staff in the hotel were the nicest Ive ever met, they were just incredible. Every single staff member we encountered over the weekend was helpful & smiling! If I could give them six stars I would! The rooms were beautiful & spacious. The beds really comfortable. The meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) were great value, made with fantastic fresh ingedients and the service was wonderful. The leisure facilities were lovely , clean & not crowded! I couldn't reccomend this hotel highly enough & I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Cork
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Rooms were lovely and clean and had big comfy beds. The hotel itself was lovely it was their staff that left a lot to be desired. We stayed the night before Valentines so granted it was busy but the waitress in the bar serving food was rude and we were charged twice for all drinks that we got in fairness they did refund but it was a lot of hassle. The receptionist was sarcastic. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a romantic stay they didn't seem to be able for the pressure of a full house.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I stayed at the Clarion for a week on business in October 2009 and later for another two weeks in Jan, 2010. Both times they overcharged me. I was told at checkout that there was no manager there so they couldn't adjust the bill and that they would do it later. Right! I'm still waiting...
On the October trip there was a large soccer game in town. One of the rooms had a party until midnight with incredibly loud music. I called the desk several times but they could have cared less. The other's in my group with were awake all night also. One of my top priorities at a hotel is a good nights sleep, and I certainly didn't get it and the staff was of absolutely no assistance.
My company normally uses this facility, but next time I'm going to demand to go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Westmeath, Ireland
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Spent one night with girlfriends at the Clarion recently. We got a great deal on dinner, bed & breakfast in twin rooms. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. Dinner and breakfast were both of good quality, especially given the rate we paid. We stayed up late in the bar and had a great night chatting, catching up and laughing.
We've stayed before at this hotel and would go back again and again, at the right price, at the right rate, and for the right occasion.

Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Limerick
Reviewed 2 February 2010

We had a private family birthday party in the Clarion at the weekend, and several of us got rooms. Although I'm living in Limerick myself we still decided to book in, if only to get the full benefit of the night...a bit of a novelty I s'pose!

I had been a guest at a wedding before in this hotel, which was superb in every way from the decor to the food, and also at another private function a few years ago which greatly impressed everybody in attendance. This weekend was no different, their attention to detail is top notch, and the staff are very helpful.

This was the first occasion that I was to see the rooms. My girfriend and I were delighted to get such a large spacious room, but best of all was the view of the city. We were quite blown away to be honest. Must be impressive for a tourist, but even better for a local! We had breakfast brought to the room, which I have to say was possibly the nicest morning feed I've had in any hotel in years.

All in all, we only had the one night here, but would have been glad to have several more. Pity we only live out the road because The Clarion is a place we'd come back to on a city break. No point in me harping on to visitors about how good a spot Limerick is, but this hotel definately would be a great base from which to explore. This hotel has a very good reputation in the city, and I'm glad to say that it more than lived up to it.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank Casdertysch
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stopped in this hotel five years ago and loved it. Came for another stay for 3 nights for the Nortampton/Munter match at the end of January. The room was not as we expected. It was rather small and not like the room we had on our previous stay. After a word with managment (Laura) we were moved to another room for the following 2 nights. This was much bigger and had two lovely views of the river.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. I recommend this hotel.

Hotel is fairly central to the town and I would recommend a visit to the nearby Dolan's pub - live music, good value for money food and a warm welcome.

taff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple