“Munster rugby trip”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
wexford, ireland
“Munster rugby trip”
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Our second visit to Clarion Hotel Limerick. Excellent service from Manager Ivan Tuohy & his staff throughout the hotel. It is quite evident that they all take great pride in providing top class customer service to all who visit. Top quality food both in restaurant & Kudos bar. We highly recommend a stay in this city centre hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this review, 26 January 2011
Dear Susan, thank you very much for your comments and for taking the time to post a great review of my hotel. I am delighted that you found all our staff friendly & welcoming and the quality of our food top class. We indeed take great pride in looking after our customers. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
Naas, Ireland
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I'm coming back for New Year's Eve with a bunch of family so hopefully all will be as good as before. Really enjoyed the room with great views and classy decor. Food has always been very decent and the service was friendly and eager to deliver.
I'll do a review in 2011.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and the quality of our food as good as ever. This is feedback that we do receive on a regular basis. I will be passing your comments on to my team. May I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back again to Limerick.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Went to Limerick City shopping on Saturday (December 18th) and after a very chaotic morning in Limerick City- traffic and Christmas shoppers- decided to go to the Clarion with my friend for lunch. The location of this hotel is perfect, in the city, but gives you the feeling like you’re nowhere near a city! Looking over the river, the views are wonderful. Lunch in the bar was great, hot food, friendly staff. Manager checked on us and chatted for a bit – Fergal I think his name was, very nice man. He gave us lots of information on Limerick, the best places to go as we didn’t know the city that well. All in all, will definitely return for the food and the lovely staff. Brightened up our day in Limerick no end!

• Stayed December 2010
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this review, 22 December 2010
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the wonderful food & service levels at my hotel recently; this is an area that we get a lot of compliments on. I have shared your comments with Fergal and with our lounge staff. We all look forward to welcoming you back.
cork
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Booked this hotel as a surprise early birthday present for my wife. The welcome when we arrived was very warm. Checking in was a breeze. The room on the 11th floor had a brillant view over the shannon and the city. The facilities in the room were just right. After a day shopping in the city we had a relaxing drink at the hotel and relaxed in the room for a while. There were enough channels on the tv for just about anyone. Had a relaxing sleep later on and the room was as quite as any hotel i have stayed in. Checking out was easy too and I will stay in this hotel next time I'm in the city and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with my team and we all appreciate you taking the time to post this very positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I frequently travel around Ireland for business purposes. I have stayed at the Clarion Hotel Limerick many, many times over the last year and have consistently found it to be clean, quiet, with excellent service and great restaurant\

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review. I really appreciate your comments and we will continue working hard to ensure that we remain your first choice in Limerick. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 December 2010

The check in was efficient and painless, the staff were eager to help and gave us all the information we required. The food in the bar was excellent and the service was very efficient. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you had a very pleasant stay with us. We are very proud of our Kudos Bar which does serve excellent food all year round. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Limerick sometime in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
Galway
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Stayed here for a christmas party. Toilets in fucntion room were extremley cold and were not looked after throughout the night. As we were staying in the hotel after the party room which was upstairs in a function room we had to go outside the hotel to go back in through the main door to get to the bar. This is just ridiculous as it was extremley cold on the manager on duty was veru rude when i asked him could he not open the door which we actually used when we were going up to the party at the start of the night. Shower in the room was terrible just dripping water.

• Stayed December 2010
Thank you for your review and your comments. I do appreciate you taking the time to inform us where you think improvements can be made. I will ensure that we will have additional heaters in our toilets this weekend so that a repeat of your experience does not happen to our guests this weekend. We have lots of Christmas parties planned for the next 2 weekends and it’s very important to me that everyone has a great time. I will also address the issue with my night manger regarding having to use a separate door to enter and exit our function suite from outside. Your comments do make a difference and I will use them to ensure that we are not just an average hotel. I would welcome you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss anything further. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager