“Charming, worth a visit if you're in Limerick”

Frank McCourt Museum
Ranked #4 of 113 things to do in Limerick
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have not read 'Angela's Ashes', Frank McCourt's award-winning novel and the book on which his fame is based. But I will do now.
This is a charming hour, with a small committed team of enthusiasts willing to spend time talking you through the museum and its contents. These give you an insight into the grinding poverty of early 20th century Limerick - the Limerick in which Frank McCourt grew up. Because we had the time to chat to the guide, it made me think of my own background and that of my own family in London, as did my wife, and so it was an engaging and thought provoking visit.

3  Thank NorthLondonStu
in 16 reviews
"curator"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The docent was outstanding and gave us a tour of the museum, despite us arriving 30 minutes before it opened. Wish I remembered more of the book. Really a nice way to spend an hour or so

1  Thank dermgoddess
Reviewed 19 March 2014

It's only 2 euro to get in and someone walks you around and tells you about it. There's not a lot to see or hear about but the tour guides really love the place.

2  Thank Kati A
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We visited the museum after an Angela Ashes walking tour and enjoyed it. The volunteers were very friendly and helpful

2  Thank PegTravelling
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was fantastic. Me and my wife from Wisconsin came to limerick and were lucky enough to stumble accross this museum on our last day in limerick. When we first came in to the door of the museum we were greeted by the most charming and mature young gentleman (no older than 21) who gave us a very informed tour of the awesome museum. He was also kind enough to reccomend b&b's and places to visit in the next destination of our trip of ireland.. This is a must go to place if you have read all his books and you want a more in depth knowledge of the life and works of frank mccourt.

3  Thank John L