“Not the best ”

Price range: US$10 - US$54
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, International, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You don't need to go far to find a great Limerick restaurant because on the first floor of the Absolute hotel you will find the Absolute Bar & Grill which is as vibrant and diverse as Limerick City itself. The ABG as it is known locally, is overseen by Chef Martin Crownan. Martin uses only the finest quality regional produce including Adare Farm ice cream, Rene Cusack seafood and steaks from Noel O'Connor's farm in Ballyneety. In fact Martin can trace the beef right back to the field from which it came. Enjoy a fresh made-to-order lunch daily, served Monday to Saturday from 12.30Pm to 5.00Pm or bring the whole family for Sunday lunch between 1.00-3.00Pm. Our relaxed surroundings are like no other you will find in Limerick City. The atmosphere is inviting, the food and drink lively, with some flair and humour in the presentation. The bartenders have great skills, shaking up perfectly blended cocktails with the city skyline in the background. The ABG has a unique combination of indoor and outdoor seating with the bar flowing into the outdoor terrace where guests can enjoy alfresco dining overlooking the rarely-seen aspect of the pretty Abbey River.
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Chips were overdone, as if refried to heat them up. Burger was more like a frozen one rather than a homemade fresh one. I ate here a few years ago and remember thinking the burger was lovely - definitely not this time though.

There are newer reviews for Absolute Bar & Grill

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Food is good, decent prices...but the waitress and hostess are kind of rude. Tip: they have a coffee/tea with scone or pastry deal for 4 euro, but it is not available in the morning until around 10am.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner there last night as we had family visiting who we're staying in the hotel. We choose the 3 course dinner. The 4 of us ordered surf and turf as a main. The 4 steaks were very sinewy and tough. Mine was inedible. The prawns were frozen and were served cold and were of poor quality. The sauce had an overpowering taste of vinegar. I addressed these concerns to who appeared to be the restaurant manager and he said I'll pass your comments on to the kitchen, and walked away. My dessert arrived and I was shocked to find a hair baked into it! I complained to the waitress who took 6 euros off the bill for this. It was a terrible meal for which we paid €200. We will not go back there and my family will never stay there again.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

we had breakfast in the restaurant both mornings and it was excellent. looked at the dinner menu was a bit $$$

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I have been a few times to eat in the bar.the hotel looks fabulous.I always get the burger.its one of the best in limerick. Menu is just a little expensive but that what you get when trying to keep out a certain group clientele and keep the 4stars so it's worth paying in the end.my only complaint is the staff are a little slow when it comes service. Other than that well done.