“No flavour”

Price range: US$9 - US$53
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, International, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You don't need to go far to find a great Limerick restaurant because on the first floor of the Absolute hotel you will find the Absolute Bar & Grill which is as vibrant and diverse as Limerick City itself. The ABG as it is known locally, is overseen by Chef Martin Crownan. Martin uses only the finest quality regional produce including Adare Farm ice cream, Rene Cusack seafood and steaks from Noel O'Connor's farm in Ballyneety. In fact Martin can trace the beef right back to the field from which it came. Enjoy a fresh made-to-order lunch daily, served Monday to Saturday from 12.30Pm to 5.00Pm or bring the whole family for Sunday lunch between 1.00-3.00Pm. Our relaxed surroundings are like no other you will find in Limerick City. The atmosphere is inviting, the food and drink lively, with some flair and humour in the presentation. The bartenders have great skills, shaking up perfectly blended cocktails with the city skyline in the background. The ABG has a unique combination of indoor and outdoor seating with the bar flowing into the outdoor terrace where guests can enjoy alfresco dining overlooking the rarely-seen aspect of the pretty Abbey River.
Limerick, Ireland
“No flavour”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Had the crabmeat for lunch. It didn't have any flavour. And it was very dry. Disappointing meal. The restaurant has a lovely view of the river though.

• Visited May 2014

Martinsville
“Vegetarian friendly!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We have enjoyed the pesto pasta and flat cap mushrooms 2 times during our stay. We also had the amazing bruschetta with tomato pesto, beet hummus.

• Visited May 2014
“Food was average and service was terrible”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I went here last night with my husband and child. I booked early in the day and the man on the phone told me that there was a table of 50 and 10 in around the same time. I was re-assured that it would not effect the service we would be given. It massively effected the service from start to finish. We had a show to go to and I thought that giving us 1hr 30min would be sufficient time. We constantly had to call a member of staff over to speed them up. We found we couldn't enjoy our average meal because we were so worried about being late for the show. The food was overpriced for what it was. I did mention to the waitress about the bad service when leaving. Will not be back as I don't give restaurants a second chance. I should have stuck with going to Freddie's Bistro where food and service is excellent but wanted to try somewhere new.

• Visited April 2014
DonnachaGM, General Manager at Absolute Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
So first off a big Sorry. There’s nothing worse than trying something new and being let down, I understand that. Poor service and average food do not help to start a night out in a good way.
You’ve given some very clear feedback but I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further and particularly on the average food comment so that I might action. I am happy to call you if you contact me via Donnacha@absolutehotel.com.
Donnacha Hurley
Dublin, Ireland
“Not the best ”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Chips were overdone, as if refried to heat them up. Burger was more like a frozen one rather than a homemade fresh one. I ate here a few years ago and remember thinking the burger was lovely - definitely not this time though.

San Diego, California
“Good food, not the best service”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Food is good, decent prices...but the waitress and hostess are kind of rude. Tip: they have a coffee/tea with scone or pastry deal for 4 euro, but it is not available in the morning until around 10am.

Visited February 2014