“Very pleasant tour and guide”

Limerick City Walking Tours
Ranked #4 of 15 Tours in Limerick
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very pleasant tour and guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our extremely knowledgeable guide, Declan, volunteered to meet us at our hotel at a mutually convenient time - I have never before known a guide consider mutual convenience! He merged two tours into one - Georgian Limerick and Angela's Ashes - and also gave us chocolate halfway through the tour and offered an umbrella when it started to drizzle. The tour was very interesting and I am now re-reading "Angela's Ashes" while the tour is relatively fresh in my mind. However, I'm envious of "dermgoddess", another reviewer, as we didn't have time to go inside the McCourt Museum when we went by there on the tour (when my companion and I went a couple of days later, the museum was shut - contrary to the opening hours displayed on its website - and I couldn't wait as I had to catch a plane). So if you do an Angela's Ashes tour and the museum is actually open, see if you can prevail on Declan to let you spend a bit of time inside (sorry, Declan!)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tourist0305

• Polish first
east greenwich, rhode island
188 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 323 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience due to Declan Hassett being so knowledgeable AND flexible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Declan met us at our hotel early in the morning and off we went. Because we had already seen parts of limerick, he changed the itinerary from medieval Limerick to Georgian Limerick. What a pleasant amiable and knowledgeable gentleman. We went by the Frank McCourt museum and he said he was flexible on time so why don't we pop in and see it as we were right there! He also was knowledgeable about places to eat and drink. We left Declan and went over to the Hunt museum (he had given us a discount coupon) and while walking thru the museum Declan came up and answered a few questions. And his friendliness didn't end there. When we checked in for dinner at the restaurant he recommended, there was a message waiting for us, thanking us for spending the morning with him, and telling us to enjoy the rest of our trip. Thanks Declan. I will make sure my friends contact you when traveling in Limerick!!!!

1 Thank dermgoddess
Seattle, Washington
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Wonderful walkabout with Declan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Declan is truly a superb walking guide and I hope if I get the chance to visit again, I can take a different tour with him. What a great way to get your bearings in a new city. Highly recommend to anyone and everyone visiting Limerick who'd like to take in some history as well as the sights.

“School group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

As a history teacher in a local secondary school I found the tour to be really interesting, educational and entertaining! He kept the attention of 30 students for the entire tour. Declan is an excellent guide with wide knowledge of the area. I would highly recommend this tour and Declan! And he brought sweets!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing interesting tour by our guide Declan Hasset!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was my first visit to Ireland! It was amazing informative tour! Declan Hasset was wonderful tour guide! Thank you Declan! This has been one of our favorite parts of our visit to Ireland!

1 Thank Cindydesoto