“You need to cut your beef for Stroganoff”

The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick
Ranked #68 of 315 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Located in the North Campus of the University of Limerick on the banks of the Shannon, The Pavilion is Limericks newest and most spectacular multi-purpose venue.This extensive facility includes function and meeting space, a relaxing and stylish bar which is complemented by the spectacular outdoor Veranda.The Pavilion is operated by Masterchefs Hospitality, one of Ireland leading Corporate & Event Catering Companies who have catered for some of the most high profile events in Ireland over the last 10 years.It is the ideal corporate event venue & is perfect for Exhibitions, Product Launches, Communions, Confirmations and all other special occasions.
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I am here, just had lunch. The beef Stroganoff was appalling. They did not even slice the beef properly, leaving big chunks in the dish. The kitchen should learn how to prepare the meat properly!

2  Thank moder
CafeN847, General Manager at The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Moder
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we very much encourage our customers to give us feedback, positive or negative.
I notice that 50% of your previous reviews are in the "terrible" or "poor" category which indicates that you use this forum to vent your displeasure with the food or service you receive.
We set very high standards at the Pavilion which has been recognised nationally by winning the Best Newcomer at the Gold Medal Awards 2012 shortly after opening & being a finalist in the Great Carvery Competition 2013.
We are also recommended by the Georgina Campbell guide of great places to eat.
Even though we receive these accolades we don't always get it right. When we don't as we didn't on this occasion we need to know straight away so we can correct it.
I hope you brought it to the immediate attention of the chef who would have been at the carvery on the day? I'm sure he would have apologised & offered you an alternative straight away.
I recognise that it doesn't excuse the fact that the dish wasn't adequate & I have spoken with the chef to ensure that it isn't repeated.
I certainly hope that it won't deter you from returning to the Pavilion in the not too distant future.
Best wishes
Warren

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went there for Sunday Lunch. Staff very friendly, helpful and attentive. We ha lambs stew and salmon. I generally stay away from stews in restaurants - chef recommended and said to bring it back if I was not happy. It was excellant, plenty of meat and good flavour.
Salmon was excellant and came with complementry vegetables. Overall a very satisfactory Sunday lunch.

1  Thank meareilly
CafeN847, Manager at The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Meareilly
Thank you for the lovely review on your Sunday Lunch experience with us. We are very proud of our food quality & service which shows in that the chef gave you such an undertaking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pavilion soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

As I am a regular customer for lunches and evening dinners the food is top class and staff are excellent to cater for special requests :-)

2  Thank NoAmigos
CafeN847, Manager at The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear NoAmigos
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant & delighted to see you are a regular, satisfied customer. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Beautiful lunch with my wife Feb 6th. The Thai Green Curry was superb. My wife had goats cheese in FILO, really nice. Good value.
Only downside, really disappointed with coffee, too strong and bitter.

CafeN847, General Manager at The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you balinareviewer for taking the time to review your recent lunch with us.
We pride ourselves in serving quality fresh food at affordable prices. I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your lunch & we have taken on board your comments in relation to our coffee.
We have only recently changed to a new coffee bean & I would be interested to get your views.
Please drop by & try when you have a moment and if you wish to make yourself known to staff I would be delighted to meet you & thank you in person for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have eaten in this restaurant on many occasions and I have always found the food to be excellent. All the staff are friendly and helpful.

Dear Brid
Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your recent visit.
I will make sure to pass to the team.
Please continue to post reviews as we love to get feedback.