“Carvery fare and homely comfort food”

The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick
Ranked #61 of 341 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Located in the North Campus of the University of Limerick on the banks of the Shannon, The Pavilion is Limericks newest and most spectacular multi-purpose venue.This extensive facility includes function and meeting space, a relaxing and stylish bar which is complemented by the spectacular outdoor Veranda.The Pavilion is operated by Masterchefs Hospitality, one of Ireland leading Corporate & Event Catering Companies who have catered for some of the most high profile events in Ireland over the last 10 years.It is the ideal corporate event venue & is perfect for Exhibitions, Product Launches, Communions, Confirmations and all other special occasions.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Having only had a Saturday lunch at the Pav, I can't offer a complete review, but it was definitely an interesting venue for a Saturday lunch with a friend visiting town. Located up above the sports field and offering a massive terrace, which I imagine could be full of boisterous students in term time, there were great views of the Clare Hills. The carvery lunch offered a good looking Cream of a Veg soup and staples such as ham, salmon or a side of meat served with old fashioned, like Mammy-used-to-make, mashed and savoury creamed potatoes and sides of vegetable. A sudden group arrival (renaissance fair?) prompted a line for bar service, which for some weird reason you have to order and pay separately. Have to say though, for a homely menu, the food was pretty good. I can imagine the students enjoy a good home cooked Neal from time to time!
Full of calories, the River Walk is an absolute must and I recommend a wander across the Living Bridge to explore this attractive campus.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Pavilion restaurant on the north campus of the University of Limerick does a lunch buffet each day. The Manager, Warren, is very helpful and understands issues around gluten contamination. If you ring in advance he will have the chefs prepare you a special gluten free meal. Warren listens to your requests and will arrange the simplest or more complex meal based on your needs. You may have to wait a few minutes, while everyone else has already started their meals from the buffet, but it is well worth the peace of mind to know you will receive a safe and tasty meal.

2  Thank cake_walk_10
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had the pleasure of working with Warren, Kasia, and the rest of the team over the past 2 years, planning various events for UL medical students. The venue is spacious and the outdoor patio is perfect for bbq events as well. Pavilion staff always catered to our needs and were very accommodating. I highly recommend the venue for any event planner.

1  Thank ashariff
CafeN847, General Manager at The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear ashariff
It was a pleasure to have you as a customer & thank you very much for the review.
The patio/veranda certainly has been busy for the last few weeks with a succession of BBQ's & pre dinner drink receptions.
I will pass your kind comments to all the team.
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been used the Pavilion for four training weekends and I and my students have been really impressed and happy with the venue and the staff. It has really worked well for this particular program, great space, great food, free parking and all needs met. Casha is a real gem. Very happy customer :)

CafeN847, General Manager at The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear moira967
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our facility.
We work very hard getting it right & its great when customers recognise this, especially repeat customers.
The venue has many uses as you know & I am delighted to see you use a broad range of our services.
Look forward to meeting you back at the Pavilion soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I had lunch here on Thursday the 29th of May and ordered the beef stroganoff. When I paid and started eating I realised that the beef was served in huge lumps which were far from appetising. I could not finish the meal as this put me off the food. Later I discussed this with some colleagues and they all agreed that for this dish the beef should be finely cut or sliced. When I checked on the Internet it was indeed as I thought, beef should be sliced, not served as big lumps. I don't have unrealistic expectations but as a minimum the kitchen staff should at least prepare the food properly.

1  Thank matt67615
CafeN847, General Manager at The Pavilion Restaurant at University of Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear matt67615's
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.
As with the previous contributor (you both had Beef Stroganoff on the same day) I hope you brought it to the attention of a member of staff.
We work hard at getting it right and from previous comments you will note we usually do. Clearly this particular dish on this particular day did not meet our usual high standards & I have taken corrective action to ensure no repeat.
I would encourage you to report your displeasure immediately & you would find our staff very accommodating in dealing with your complaint appropriately.
I hope that this experience won't deter you from returning & giving us another opportunity to show you it was a one off.
Best wishes