The Boutique Hotel
Railway Hotel(Limerick)
Pery's Hotel(Limerick)
Absolute Hotel(Limerick)
  • Pool
All reviewsbeautiful sun roomno elevatorcity centrepubs and clubsamazing locationnight lifelight sleeperirish breakfastbreakfast includedfull irishbreakfast roomnice breakfastsconesdouble roomcomfy bedfollowing morningshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this "hotel". I use air quotes as it is more like a run down b&b. Location is fantastic, however the standard of service leaves a lot to be desired. On arrival I found reception staff to be stand-offish and almost bothered by my presence during check in. After a brief rundown of amenities within the "hotel" and location of my room, I was handed my key and promptly ignored as said reception staff returned to her mobile phone. Room was okay, bed looked as tough it had been slept in and just redressed, and I had to ask for toilet roll!!!! In the morning the same reception staff took my breakfast order in the same undesirable manner she had used the day before at check in! I would advise management to retrain staff in the area of customer service, and remind staff it doesn't cost anything to smile! Will NOT be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Good Afternoon,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here. Could I ask which date you stayed so I can check who was working?

We prize ourselves on the friendliness of our staff and for this to happen you I am very sorry.

We do also check the rooms every day to make sure that they are perfect for the arrival of our guests, I will speak to housekeeping about there not being any toilet in your room.

Once again I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here.

Reception Staff.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The staff were friendly, cheerful and extremely helpful! The rooms were clean and the breakfast the next morning was gorgeous!
It's location means that the hotel was central to everything.
Would definitely stay here again!

Before we booked the hotel, my boyfriend and I noticed that there was a lot of comments on this site regarding noise, but we found a solution to that......CLOSE THE DAMN WINDOW!! :D

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for taking time out to review our hotel and thank you so much for your lovely comments!

We do try warn guests on all the websites about noise and thank you for your solution of closing the windows ha!!I will pass this onto guests in future.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting friends in the city.It couldn't be anymore central,steps from all the best pubs,clubs and restaurants.The room was small,but had everything you'd need-Hairdryer,en-suite shower room,tea/coffee making facilities,extra pillows etc.Lovely original artwork on the walls all over the hotel.
The shower itself was a bit compact but good water pressure.Could do with updating the decor and refitting a more modern shower,the lock on the bathroom door didn't work but as we were only staying one night it wasn't really an issue and completely forgot to mention it to reception when we left.Little niggles really.We had a room overlooking the church,so street noise wasn't a problem but then we were out late ourselves.
No bar in the hotel but The Old Quarter bar/restaurant next door has lovely food ( appears to be part of the Hotel complex) Steaks were fab!
Breakfast was great,perfectly cooked,served with a big smile and endless tea and juice supplied.Order the Full Irish and you won't need to eat again all day!Free wifi available in the guest lounge too.
The doors ARE locked at night,but we only had to wait a few seconds for the porter to let us in.Very safe and secure hotel.
They have a deal with the carpark up the road for special rates.Handy as on steet parking is expensive and impossible to find.
If you're on a budget and want simple accommodation,central location and good,friendly service-stay here.
We'll be back

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Church are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish B
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Hi Trish,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

We are in the middle of refurbishing the hotel and will take your comments on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Came across this little gem accidently and it was such a pleasant surprise.Its located in the heart of Limerick for shopping and nightlife. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable & warm. No elevator. Slept disturbed by noise. Breakfast was very tasty, a great start to the day! Staff are very friendly polite and helpful. There's no bar in this little hotel but there's plenty just a few steps outside the front door. Being such a busy spot, the front door is locked at night and is manned by the porter, nice and secure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank June166
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

On check-in we do try and warn all the guests about the noise that comes from the pubs/nightclubs especially on the weekend. Very sorry that you were not told about this.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had our Christmas Party here last week (yes it was early for a Christmas party) we all had a great night. Food, drink, and staff were all great and could not find a fault with anything. We will be back for sure as Jacinta and all her staff looked after our every need.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends