“Welcoming small hotel”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Ireland
“Welcoming small hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

A small 3 star hotel, very reasonably priced. Great location, city centre. Michelle on reception was friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. Lovely room. Bed linen and towels fresh and very white. I'm a mature lady and was travelling alone. I felt very comfortable in the hotel. Breakfast was served with a smile. There is no lift so might not suit some people. As it is city centre naturally it can be a bit noisy outside so ask for a room back from the street. On Saturday mornings there is a wonderful outdoor/indoor market nearly on the hotel doorstep, not to be missed.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room back from the street it noise bothers you
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you such for your kind review and for taking time out to review our hotel.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Aimee.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We only stayed for a night, but this hotel is in a great location. Our room was comfortable and mostly clean and in good condition. The shower drain was slow (a 10-minute shower left water up to my ankles) so I hope they fixed that after we reported it.

We did hear a lot of street noise (it was a Friday night) but that's to be expected in city centre. Street parking is scarce, but free overnight. The local ramp offers a deal for hotel guests.

The wi-fi is only available in the lounge, which was a little inconvenient. The login system only allows a few users/devices to be connected at a time (there were only 2-3 working login accounts).

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your kind review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here.

We did get maintenance to fix the shower straight away after you left.

We do make sure that guests are aware of the street noise before booking, we do have it written on the booking websites and the same about the wifi.

Unfortunatley because this is an old building coverage isn't the best.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Ballina, Ireland
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I traveled to Limerick on Wednesday to attend a family Funeral. I checked out Hotels to stay in before we traveled. I had stayed in the George Boutique Hotel on a previous visit and liked it and its location. I booked what I thought was the George Boutique Hotel. I was a bit distracted at time of booking because of my bereavement. We arrived at the Hotel and waited to check in. I handed my booking reference to the receptionist and waited to be checked in. She then said to me this is not the Hotel you have booked. I was totally taken aback and she said (This happens to a lot of our customers) so I am writing this review to warn guests not to make the stupid mistake I made. The Receptionist at the George was most helpful and showed me on a map where the hotel (Called The Boutique) was situated. We then proceeded to walk to the Boutique Hotel and found it easy enough but it certainly did not come up to the George Boutique Hotel standards. The receptionist at the Boutique was also quite helpful and friendly but the Hotel /Guesthouse itself left a lot to be desired. Had to carry our luggage up a long flight of stairs. The curtains were falling off the windows and let the daylight in as soon as it got bright. The bathroom/shower was like a cubby hole. You couldnt swing a cat in it. I just hope nobody else makes the mistake I did. I wont make that mistake again
Molly McMahon

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mollie391
Hi Molly,

I am very sorry that you booked the wrong hotel.

We do point out on booking websites that there is no lift in the building to make guests aware that they will need to walk upstairs on arrival.

Unfortunately our bathrooms are quite small but before we became a hotel the rooms were not ensuite and to make them ensuite this is the best that we could do.

I have told maintenance about the curtains in your room and I do apologize for this.

Very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here.

Aimee.

Travellers are raving about these Limerick hotels

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this "hotel". I use air quotes as it is more like a run down b&b. Location is fantastic, however the standard of service leaves a lot to be desired. On arrival I found reception staff to be stand-offish and almost bothered by my presence during check in. After a brief rundown of amenities within the "hotel" and location of my room, I was handed my key and promptly ignored as said reception staff returned to her mobile phone. Room was okay, bed looked as tough it had been slept in and just redressed, and I had to ask for toilet roll!!!! In the morning the same reception staff took my breakfast order in the same undesirable manner she had used the day before at check in! I would advise management to retrain staff in the area of customer service, and remind staff it doesn't cost anything to smile! Will NOT be returning.

• Stayed March 2014
Good Afternoon,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here. Could I ask which date you stayed so I can check who was working?

We prize ourselves on the friendliness of our staff and for this to happen you I am very sorry.

We do also check the rooms every day to make sure that they are perfect for the arrival of our guests, I will speak to housekeeping about there not being any toilet in your room.

Once again I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here.

Reception Staff.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The staff were friendly, cheerful and extremely helpful! The rooms were clean and the breakfast the next morning was gorgeous!
It's location means that the hotel was central to everything.
Would definitely stay here again!

Before we booked the hotel, my boyfriend and I noticed that there was a lot of comments on this site regarding noise, but we found a solution to that......CLOSE THE DAMN WINDOW!! :D

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for taking time out to review our hotel and thank you so much for your lovely comments!

We do try warn guests on all the websites about noise and thank you for your solution of closing the windows ha!!I will pass this onto guests in future.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting friends in the city.It couldn't be anymore central,steps from all the best pubs,clubs and restaurants.The room was small,but had everything you'd need-Hairdryer,en-suite shower room,tea/coffee making facilities,extra pillows etc.Lovely original artwork on the walls all over the hotel.
The shower itself was a bit compact but good water pressure.Could do with updating the decor and refitting a more modern shower,the lock on the bathroom door didn't work but as we were only staying one night it wasn't really an issue and completely forgot to mention it to reception when we left.Little niggles really.We had a room overlooking the church,so street noise wasn't a problem but then we were out late ourselves.
No bar in the hotel but The Old Quarter bar/restaurant next door has lovely food ( appears to be part of the Hotel complex) Steaks were fab!
Breakfast was great,perfectly cooked,served with a big smile and endless tea and juice supplied.Order the Full Irish and you won't need to eat again all day!Free wifi available in the guest lounge too.
The doors ARE locked at night,but we only had to wait a few seconds for the porter to let us in.Very safe and secure hotel.
They have a deal with the carpark up the road for special rates.Handy as on steet parking is expensive and impossible to find.
If you're on a budget and want simple accommodation,central location and good,friendly service-stay here.
We'll be back

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Church are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trish B
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hi Trish,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

We are in the middle of refurbishing the hotel and will take your comments on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Came across this little gem accidently and it was such a pleasant surprise.Its located in the heart of Limerick for shopping and nightlife. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable & warm. No elevator. Slept disturbed by noise. Breakfast was very tasty, a great start to the day! Staff are very friendly polite and helpful. There's no bar in this little hotel but there's plenty just a few steps outside the front door. Being such a busy spot, the front door is locked at night and is manned by the porter, nice and secure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank June166
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

On check-in we do try and warn all the guests about the noise that comes from the pubs/nightclubs especially on the weekend. Very sorry that you were not told about this.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future!