“Rooms need updating, breakfast service poor”
Review of The Boutique Hotel

The Boutique Hotel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our room was just about ok (207) but my mums was awful (202) with lots of noise from the street and a smelly bathroom.

You have to park on street which is free until 930am and then requires 2 hour discs from local shops, you can get this from Centra two streets up.

Breakfast was ok but they messed up all our orders and my coffee was cold.

Art work on walls is nice but generally hotel needs an overhaul.

Room Tip: Avoid 202. 207 was adequate
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe M
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry about the noise from your mothers room, we do warn all guests upon arrival about the noise from the pubs/nightclubs in the area.
I am very sorry about any inconvenience that was caused by this.
Reception.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The only thing this hotel has to offer is the location. Hotel rooms are clean but small. Breakfast the next day was terrible. Had to wait 20 min for my coffee while my other friends got their tea 10 min before me. When I was asked what I would like for breakfast I asked for bacon and eggs. They had no bacon which I don't understand considering their is a tesco 2 min away!! Go buy some. The breakfast was another 15 min wait. A what I received was very average. Overall the value of the hotel is excellent very cheap but won't b back!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here recently for a hen party, there was a group of 17 of us which was fine they had an easy checkin and got us straight to the rooms, the room i had was outdated it was too dark for the size of the room, i work in the hospitality industry so I know that the likes of trip advisor can be bad but i feel that this has to be said. the room was clean ish but there was still dust on top of the headboard as well as the lampshade was filthy, there is no excuse for not having something clean, also only one glass in the room and a lack of towels there was two of us in the room, they should have been prepare. We were asked at check-in what time did we expect to be down for breakfast for in the am we said a reasonable 10:30 which the receptionist was happy about, when we came down for breakfast we had to wait for tables to be cleared which i completely understand when it is busy but when you have 3 staff on i expect the place to be turned around quicker.Also the worst part of my breakfast was that i asked for tea and toast, 3 times eventually i was given the tea and not the milk, the toast without butter this all arrived after about 20 minutes i tried to wait but knew my breakfast was getting cold so had no choice, I was so disappointed with the service and had to bite my tongue as well as try not to get up and help them myself. Lack of training of staff is evident from the service my group received.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel in March. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist. As there was only street parking available, we used the Cornmarket Car Park with a weekend rate.
Our room was overlooking the carpark of the Church next door, which was ok. The room was small as was the bathroom. There was only 1 glass available in the bathroom, even though it was a double room & two of us there. We had to request another. On our staying day our room had not been serviced, as is normally the case with hotels. I would not stay at this hotel again.
On a positive note, the location is excellent, central to everything.
We visited a couple of different bars but the two that made the most impression was "The Old Quarter". This is recommended by the Boutique as they do not have a bar themselves in the hotel. We also really liked the "Crafty Fox". The staff in there were very friendly & hospitable. They do a lot of import beers.
Overall our stay in Limerick was enjoyable but I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel.

I apologize that your room was not serviced on your stay as we do get our housekeepers to clean stayovers everyday. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I will get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for complimenting The Old Quarter, I will pass this onto the staff.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Deep in the heart of limerick city there is a superb hotel called the boutique ,its glass front door hides a truly divine retreat upon arrival on the 4th may @ 2pm a beautiful young girl named Amy welcomed both myself and my wife delores to this city of culture,very polite,helpful,and happy its vere rare to find professional employees like Amy and giving it was a bank holiday it was a great start to our break.our room number was 202 spotless clean,fresh towels,bed linen excellent.
Because it was a bank holiday full of tourists and we in our 50s it was loud but good breakfast was brilliant there was a great choice for everyone's taste the young girls serving breakfast were polite,fast,always smiling,10 out of 10 .we enjoyed every minute of our stay and last but not least Louise who served our breakfast today 6th may 2014 @ 9.30am it was sublime as an ex head chef in Dublin this was perfect,poached eggs,bacon,the lot.as we began our stay with a smile Louise left us smiling as we said goodbye.thank you to the management and the very beautiful staff for a wonderful experience.would we recommend this hotel star rating.√√√√√

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff and they will be nice to you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for that lovely review!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your compliments onto Louise.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near furute!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A hen party weekend for 19 of us, and you would have expected someone to find a fault but they didn't, everything went off without a hitch and the staff couldn't have helped us more if theyd tried!
All the reviews say the street is noisy and id agree, but if your down there for a party or the nightlife, then it wont bother you, as the pub is a great spot and youll be joining in with the party!
The rooms were clean, the water was hot all day and seemed plentiful, the breakfasts were delicious, reception is 24hrs and always greeted with a smile. I cant recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your weekend with us and I am glad that you found no fault with us.

We do try our best to please all guests and help them out with whatever they need if we can.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

All the best on your wedding day!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

A small 3 star hotel, very reasonably priced. Great location, city centre. Michelle on reception was friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. Lovely room. Bed linen and towels fresh and very white. I'm a mature lady and was travelling alone. I felt very comfortable in the hotel. Breakfast was served with a smile. There is no lift so might not suit some people. As it is city centre naturally it can be a bit noisy outside so ask for a room back from the street. On Saturday mornings there is a wonderful outdoor/indoor market nearly on the hotel doorstep, not to be missed.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room back from the street it noise bothers you
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Management_Boutique, Front Office Manager at The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you such for your kind review and for taking time out to review our hotel.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.