“Expected better”

Price range: US$7 - US$43
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the most amazing and unique cocktails downstairs at the beautiful FIRE Cocktail Bar before you head upstairs to enjoy the stunning views overlooking the Shannon at Brimstone. Enjoy the widest variety of steaks in Limerick, carefully selected from local craft butchers and prepare for one of the tastiest experiences of your life. At Brimstone we specialise in freshness and taste. Every dish from appetizer to dessert will set your pallet alight. #EatDrinkChill #InfuseTheNight
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We decided to try this place, as it's nice to have somewhere new in Limerick. Plus I heard it was the same guys that had Firefly and Red Onion and I like them, so we said we would try it.
We went for the early bird on a Friday night, which is 2 courses for 23e or 3 courses for 25e. We didn't have time to try the cocktails downstairs unfortunately, but they looked lovely.
The décor and furniture is lovely upstairs, I love the set up of this restaurant and the views of the river are amazing.
We ordered the crispy breaded chicken salad and mussels to start. The mussels were nice, but the chicken tasted like Burger King chicken nuggets and the salad was dry.

For mains, we ordered steak and the piri piri chicken. The chicken was kind of dry again, and the steak was only ok. For a place that advertises as a steakhouse I thought it would have been a lot better. We got a plate of veg to share, which didn't look very appetizing. All the food could have been hotter too.
On the up side, they stock a white wine called Las Mondes which they also had in Firefly and it was delicious. Also, the waitresses were lovely and friendly.

Unfortunately, in my opinion there is better value early bird menus in town with better food.
I really wish the guys the best of luck, but they need to up their game with their food.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The Brimstone restaurant which recently opened replacing the former Glasshouse. The decor is comfortable and inviting. The menu has many dishes that should cater for every taste. I had the risotto to start my partner had the mussels both dishes had rich, and pleasant flavors. We both had the fish for main a selection of three fish portions which were again flavorsome and the veg was actually cooked not raw as you might get in some restaurants. I have to agree with a comment by another Tripadvisor review the wine was of a poor quality for the price.
Now the dessert was another matter it was listed as a toffee apple but what came to the table was an apple cover in over cooked Filo pastry, the apple was not peeled and was undercooked, did not get any toffee not presented by any self respecting pastry chef standards. Service was ok but a touch inexperienced but should get better with practice.
Overall experience was good and would recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Went here for a meal with my girlfriend. It was really lovely. Got in before 6.30 on a Saturday and was pleased to see they had an early bird menus.
3 courses for €25. This was excellent value. I had a steak that was cooked to perfection.

The staff also make this restaurant that but extra special. The waitress was very pleasant and it is a place I would go to again.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Had a really lovely meal here last night. There were 4 of us and no one had any complaints. the food was delicious just what you would expect from a proper steakhouse. Everyone's steak was cooked as ordered, portions were perfect. We had a complimentary jug of cocktails at the table which was a lovely touch, we had lovely wine at dinner. The waitress (I'm annoyed at myself I didn't get her name!!) was brilliant, we couldn't have asked for a more attentive, helpful and good humored person.

We will definitely be back :-)

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Had a meal here recently and on the whole, it was very good. Lovely warm welcome on arrival & wonderful dining experience. Food was generally excellent (especially the ribs & steaks); however we both thought the wine to be of very poor quality for the price!