“Nice location, great room”

Limerick Strand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
GreenLeadersGold level
Milford, Ohio
“Nice location, great room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a lovely room with a partial view of the River Shannon (Ennis St. side). The decor is modern but very comfortable, with plenty of desk space. Shower was very good with decent water pressure...spacious en suite bathroom.

I would've rated this excellent had our room been ready near check-in time. We arrived about 30 minutes early and were told that our room "might" be ready at the 3pm check-in. No big deal. Breakfast was provided as a discount for the 'inconvenience', so all was well. The restaurant, which we only had breakfast in, has a great view overlooking the Shannon.

Anyway, while the hotel doesn't have any shops, pubs, or restaurants in the immediate vicinity, they're only a short walk across the River Shannon. The hotel is also just a brief drive or slightly longer walk to King John's Castle, which was a plus for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vmalott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I was at a private party in the hotel and used the hotel car park.On entering I asked would I pull a ticket and would they validate it on my exit for free parking,they said YES. But when I went to reception when leaving to get my ticket validated,I was told I had to pay €7.A DISGRACE. I have to say it ruined my night.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Churchillmeadows
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We chose the Strand Hotel as we were looking for a spa hotel in a good enough location to travel around County Clare. The hotel is in fact conveniently located in the heart of Limerick, by the River Shannon, just a 5 mins' drive from the main road, and an hour from the Cliffs of Moher and the Rock of Cashel.

We had an extremely pleasant stay. The room was big, clean and bright and I loved the colour and overall interiors too. The bathroom was new and included both a bath and a shower.

There is a handy lift that connects the floors (the 2nd in our case) with the spa, pool and gym which are located on -2. The use of all the facilities is free for hotel guests and it is exactly what you need at the end of a day spent walking by the cliffs.

The buffet breakfast at the River Restaurant is very good and you can choose from all sorts of fruits, cereals, jams, honeys, breads, yogurts or you could go for a full Irish breakfast.

All staff, both at reception and the restaurant, were extremely friendly and helpful.

If you are planning on visiting the west/southern part of County Clare and the nearby Counties and you are looking for a great value for money, I highly recommend staying at the Strand.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stella S
Castlerea, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had the good fortune to stay at the Limerick Strand Hotel and we would recommend it to anyone visiting Limerick. It is a beautiful hotel with well decorated bedrooms and very comfortable ,duck down quilts and lovely soft pillows which you struggle to find in many hotels. Slept like a log it was so comfortable. The food was absolutely fantastic and the breakfast was of the highest standard . It was quiet and peaceful yet there was a real good atmosphere in the bar area and foyer. The view of the river shannon from the suite was so refreshing and relaxing. The staff were the the nicest we have ever encountered anywhere we have ever been. The girl who was the pastry chef making the pancakes on pancake tuesday was so friendly made us feel right at home and the pancakes were delicious, Peter one of the managers was so nice and accomodating and Sean Foley I think that was his name the deputy general manager was a real gentleman and couldnt do anymore for the guests in the hotel. All the staff in general were the friendliest we have ever encountered and they are a real asset for the Strand Hotel. I could write several A4 pages on the Strand and it would not do it justice it was so wonderful. It is so convenient just walk across the bridge and you are in O Connell Street. Car parking is excellent and safe. We will return to Limerick soon and there is no decision on where we will be staying The Limerick Strand will be the choice and we would recommend it to anyone you will not be dissapointed. P and H

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank POC14
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went to my staff Christmas party here, great big crowd but we all still managed to be treated as well as if we were a small crowd. The night was fantastic. A mulled wine reception, as much as you liked, in a beautiful lobby. The whole place was amazingly decorated for Christmas, it actually felt magical. Had a beautiful meal with complimentary mince pies. The dining room and dancefloor were spacious and perfect for the entertainment. We weren't kicked out until we were ready to. I hadn't booked to stay but i wish I had!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank oggyireland
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was at a hen party in Limerick and was staying in this hotel, and while the receptionist I checked in with was lovely, when my mother-in-law had an issue with her card key, the receptionist tried to fob her off and asked if she had had it near her phone, then before he would give her a new key, he insisted on checking it as if he didn't believe her. The next day at breakfast there I didn't want to take up a four-person table on my own but there were no other tables with cutlery. When I asked where the cutlery was, one of the staff snapped at me that it was on the table. So I had to sit at a four-person table alone. Then I was waiting about 10-15 minutes for someone to come and take my order for coffee. When it didn't arrive 15 minutes later, I tried to get the attention of passing staff and was studiously ignored. Also a lady asked me if she could take some of the cutlery at my table as she had been waiting 15 minutes to be given clean cutlery. My breakfast was delicious, my room was clean and comfortable, but the staff were so rude and unfriendly I wouldn't stay here again.
Suzy from Dublin

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Just back from a fabulous birthday celebration in the Strand Hotel. We booked 4 rooms including a suite and we had a fantastic time. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Amazing view of the river from suite. Hotel Bar buzzing at 2am with a lovely atmosphere. Excellent breakfast service and we got a lovely table for 8 to round off our celebrations. I would highly recommend the Strand Hotel for a girls weekend away.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends