“Perfect location in heart of Limerick”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Dublin
“Perfect location in heart of Limerick”
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

We booked The George Hotel online and have to say it was a super experience. Check-in was simple and very welcoming, the receptionist was excellent in recommending things to-do & dining options. Our room on the 2nd floor was spotless, unbelievably comfortable beds, spacious bathroom and pretty cool decor too. We came back late to the hotel and the night staff were very accommodating & friendly, particularly the chap at the door - very reassuring in a city centre hotel. Really super breakfast buffet the next morning, loads of choice including plenty of healthy options too. Sunday breakfast can be hit or miss as in most hotels as it can be so busy but The George made it seem so effortless, plenty of staff on duty, free newspapers, (nice touch on a Sunday), and great breakfast.

Am due to come back to Limerick in a few months and most definitely will be staying at The George again...

• Stayed January 2013
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Altaf Khan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed here as part of a group in January 2013. It's my second time to the hotel and although location, rates and decor in the hotel is quite nice - the food lets the hotel down completely. The dinner was a reduced group dinner menu, no problem with that but my Caesar salad instead of bacon lardons as usual - a few roughly chopped rasher strips replaced this. Presentation of the dish was shocking. The main didn't excite any more, a red thai curry that was the most bland dish I have ever tasted. My sister had a pasta dish, equally as tasteless. The desert was fine, nothing spectacular. Breakfast the next morning was some prepacked fruit salad options and some watery scrambled eggs. My sister ordered a poached egg. It was served up to her, dripping in water with no hint of seasoning. The hotel has some lovely staff, a fantastic location, great decor and comfortable rooms but with so many great restaurants in Limerick, I would dine somewhere else when staying here.

2 Thank Stn_Eve
The George Bout... H, Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate people’s comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can improve on the service we offer to you, our guests.

I am very disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your dining experience with us at the gBK Restaurant in The George Boutique Hotel. Can you please contact me directly on tony.tynne@thegeorgeboutiquehotel.com

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and our thanks to you for bringing the matter to our attention.

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Tony Tynne
Restaurant Manager
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Great Hotel, Perfect location in the city. Just off O'Connell street.
I stayed here last night and happy to recommend it
Rooms are really comfortable and clean. Good buzz in the bar, had a bite to eat and food was plentiful and set us up for the night. Just want to compliment the staff in the George, they couldn't be more obliging.
I will definitely be back!

1 Thank Patrick O
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel.

Cork
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Myself and my two friends stayed at the George earlier this month. From the minute we arrived we found the staff so helpful. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean.. We had fabulous cocktails in the bar made by Shivam who was so helpful and polite. The dinner in the restaurant was delicious. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and the service was great especially Florian and also Bert at the breakfast..We didn't need to leave the hotel as the entertainment in the bar was great there was a D.J. and he played a great variety of music. The Hotel is so central to the shops and all that Limerick has to offer. It was lovely to meet Kevin a very helpful receptionist who took the time to inquire about our stay. We will certainly return to this very friendly hotel.

2 Thank Catherine B
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2013

As you can see from the title, I really enjoy staying in this hotel. I visit Limerick city quite a lot as I think it is a gorgeous place and The George Boutique would always be my first hotel of choice.

Just recently, I stayed here with my boyfriend (Mid November) and I stayed here again a month later (21 December) with 2 of my friends for a girly night away.

One of my main reasons for liking this hotel is the fantastic location- right in the heart of everything!!!!

The other reason is because the lady who works at the reception over night (Berit) is such brilliant craic and really accomodating. During my stay here with my boyfriend in November, I spoke with her for quite sometime and she actually really added to our night! Such a friendly face is brilliant to see at that time of the night- how she remains patient and keeps in such great spirits at 3am is amazing!!! It was great to be made feel so relaxed when speaking to staff.

I met her again during my stay in December and my friends also commented on how nice she was. I witnessed her dealing with 1 minor incident (a drunk,agressive and abusive Christmas party attendee) with complete composure, patience and dignity. Her ability to defuse the potential situation was commendable. She is a massive asset to the hotel and definitely made both my stays more enjoyable and also encouraged me to return!

There are a few negatives-
The bar and restaurant are pretty expensive However, this is expected when dining in a hotel in the city.
I also found the restaurant staff rather unhelpful and unfriendly (especially when contrasted with the bar/reception staff). On both occasions, they didn't seem to know what came with the dishes, etc. and I found they were borderline rude when dealing with me. As a result, I chose to dine outside of the hotel where possible. This was fine and didn't tarnish my experience as Limerick has a lot to offer when it comes to restaurants.

Also I have to add that the bouncers at the doors at night time are the soundest bouncers I've ever met (unusual for bouncers I know)!! Again, they made you feel welcome and at ease. Their patience and cheery disposition was a great sight to see upon arrival back at the hotel after sampling the nightlife in Limerick.

I would recommend this hotel for girly nights away, couples and families.

Thanks George Boutique! I will be gracing ye with my presence again soon no doubt!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AMurphy21
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in a comment on your stay at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages us when we get good feedback so thanks a million.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel very soon.

London
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I was greeted with a smile and warmth as soon as I entered the hotel, from the reception team to the restaurant team.

My room was quiet and well laid out, as a business traveller it had all I needed and free use of wifi which is important to me.

I would stay here again when I am in Limerick, great central location

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alistair B
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 15 January 2013

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel very soon.

kildare
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed here on business - Very difficult to locate as entrance not on O'Connell Street as indicated but off O'Connell Street.

Car Parking - problem as hotel has no car park - option to street park or use public car park at reduced rate.

On checking in they had difficulty finding my confirmed booking.

Very Impersonal service - breakfast was ok but had to ask for toast and also had to ask the location of cereals and juices. Not much assistance.

In general the visit was acceptable for a one night business overnight but one night enough.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Joseph H
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

As regards our parking, unfortunately we do not have a car park of our own. However we have special rates we 2 car parks which are located in the next block to the hotel.

Option 1: Howleys Quay Car Park. Entrance is located on Henry Street
Overnight parking is FREE; 18.30 to 08.00 weekdays – Free; 18.30 to 10.00 weekends – Free; Maximum Day Rate or 24 hours is €7.50; 3 day pass: €15; Weekly pass: €20; Weekend pass for €15.00 Friday till Sunday, park anytime on Friday until anytime on Sunday.

Option 2: Harvey’s Quay Car Park (Above Dunnes Stores). Entrance is located on the Quay Side. 18.00 to 08.30 weekdays – €6 (discounted charge) – payable at pay station in Car Park; €8.50 twenty-four hour charge payable at pay station in Car Park; Weekend pass for €15.00 Friday till Monday; Weekly pass 7 days €18.00.

I hope the above information will be of assistance to you and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.