“lovely hotel”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
tipperary
“lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week.We booked a package which included b&b and dinner.The hotel was lovely and the rooms were spacious.Our dinner was absolutely fab and the staff were so polite and helpful, breakfast the next morning was a little dried up from being there awhile but there was plenty of other things to choose from and again staff were lovely had a great stay here and would definetly stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Altaf Khan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

The George Hotel recently allowed us to host a recruitment day in their beautiful hotel! We were extremely busy with new recruits, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The facilities were lovely! We couldn't have been treated any better!

Thank you so much to all the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to The George Boutique Hotel.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

We booked The George Hotel online and have to say it was a super experience. Check-in was simple and very welcoming, the receptionist was excellent in recommending things to-do & dining options. Our room on the 2nd floor was spotless, unbelievably comfortable beds, spacious bathroom and pretty cool decor too. We came back late to the hotel and the night staff were very accommodating & friendly, particularly the chap at the door - very reassuring in a city centre hotel. Really super breakfast buffet the next morning, loads of choice including plenty of healthy options too. Sunday breakfast can be hit or miss as in most hotels as it can be so busy but The George made it seem so effortless, plenty of staff on duty, free newspapers, (nice touch on a Sunday), and great breakfast.

Am due to come back to Limerick in a few months and most definitely will be staying at The George again...

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed here as part of a group in January 2013. It's my second time to the hotel and although location, rates and decor in the hotel is quite nice - the food lets the hotel down completely. The dinner was a reduced group dinner menu, no problem with that but my Caesar salad instead of bacon lardons as usual - a few roughly chopped rasher strips replaced this. Presentation of the dish was shocking. The main didn't excite any more, a red thai curry that was the most bland dish I have ever tasted. My sister had a pasta dish, equally as tasteless. The desert was fine, nothing spectacular. Breakfast the next morning was some prepacked fruit salad options and some watery scrambled eggs. My sister ordered a poached egg. It was served up to her, dripping in water with no hint of seasoning. The hotel has some lovely staff, a fantastic location, great decor and comfortable rooms but with so many great restaurants in Limerick, I would dine somewhere else when staying here.

2 Thank Stn_Eve
The George Bout... H, Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate people’s comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can improve on the service we offer to you, our guests.

I am very disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your dining experience with us at the gBK Restaurant in The George Boutique Hotel. Can you please contact me directly on tony.tynne@thegeorgeboutiquehotel.com

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and our thanks to you for bringing the matter to our attention.

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Tony Tynne
Restaurant Manager
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Great Hotel, Perfect location in the city. Just off O'Connell street.
I stayed here last night and happy to recommend it
Rooms are really comfortable and clean. Good buzz in the bar, had a bite to eat and food was plentiful and set us up for the night. Just want to compliment the staff in the George, they couldn't be more obliging.
I will definitely be back!

1 Thank Patrick O
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

Myself and my two friends stayed at the George earlier this month. From the minute we arrived we found the staff so helpful. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean.. We had fabulous cocktails in the bar made by Shivam who was so helpful and polite. The dinner in the restaurant was delicious. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and the service was great especially Florian and also Bert at the breakfast..We didn't need to leave the hotel as the entertainment in the bar was great there was a D.J. and he played a great variety of music. The Hotel is so central to the shops and all that Limerick has to offer. It was lovely to meet Kevin a very helpful receptionist who took the time to inquire about our stay. We will certainly return to this very friendly hotel.

2 Thank Catherine B
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

As you can see from the title, I really enjoy staying in this hotel. I visit Limerick city quite a lot as I think it is a gorgeous place and The George Boutique would always be my first hotel of choice.

Just recently, I stayed here with my boyfriend (Mid November) and I stayed here again a month later (21 December) with 2 of my friends for a girly night away.

One of my main reasons for liking this hotel is the fantastic location- right in the heart of everything!!!!

The other reason is because the lady who works at the reception over night (Berit) is such brilliant craic and really accomodating. During my stay here with my boyfriend in November, I spoke with her for quite sometime and she actually really added to our night! Such a friendly face is brilliant to see at that time of the night- how she remains patient and keeps in such great spirits at 3am is amazing!!! It was great to be made feel so relaxed when speaking to staff.

I met her again during my stay in December and my friends also commented on how nice she was. I witnessed her dealing with 1 minor incident (a drunk,agressive and abusive Christmas party attendee) with complete composure, patience and dignity. Her ability to defuse the potential situation was commendable. She is a massive asset to the hotel and definitely made both my stays more enjoyable and also encouraged me to return!

There are a few negatives-
The bar and restaurant are pretty expensive However, this is expected when dining in a hotel in the city.
I also found the restaurant staff rather unhelpful and unfriendly (especially when contrasted with the bar/reception staff). On both occasions, they didn't seem to know what came with the dishes, etc. and I found they were borderline rude when dealing with me. As a result, I chose to dine outside of the hotel where possible. This was fine and didn't tarnish my experience as Limerick has a lot to offer when it comes to restaurants.

Also I have to add that the bouncers at the doors at night time are the soundest bouncers I've ever met (unusual for bouncers I know)!! Again, they made you feel welcome and at ease. Their patience and cheery disposition was a great sight to see upon arrival back at the hotel after sampling the nightlife in Limerick.

I would recommend this hotel for girly nights away, couples and families.

Thanks George Boutique! I will be gracing ye with my presence again soon no doubt!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AMurphy21
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in a comment on your stay at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages us when we get good feedback so thanks a million.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel very soon.