The George Limerick
US$232
US$205
Agoda.com
1,602 results
All reviewscentral locationo'connell streetcar parkthe heart of the cityboutique hotelhen partygreat nightreception arealovely hotelreception staffwould highly recommend this hotelsaturday nightbar and restaurantenjoyable stayfrom start to finishtop classstayed here for one night
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Probably my favourite hotel in Ireland is The George Boutique Hotel in Limerick City. I have stayed there before (although for some reason I didn’t review it) and this time I decided to stay there again. I stayed a total of 5 nights, the first night after my arrival and then 4 nights the next week. I was not disappointed with my choice.

My joy started when I made my reservation. From my past visits I knew that they offered a bed & breakfast option, but I could not find it on their website. It was only available for business travellers and only for one night at a time. So I decided to call them directly. When I explained what I wanted to do and that I had stayed there before the reservations clerk looked up my file and was more than happy to accommodate my request. What I really liked was that once he accessed my file he called me by name for the rest of the conversation.

My flight arrived from Toronto (via Newark) at 7:00 am. My daughter picked me up at the airport and suggested that I go to the hotel even though it was only 8:15. I was greeted at the desk by Elvyta who welcomed me back and said that since they knew I would be arriving early they had my room ready. Did I mention that it was 8:15 in the morning!
The room was a good size with a very comfortable double sized bed, a couch, two chairs a small table and a desk. There was also a small fridge. Now anyone who has been to Limerick knows that the municipal water tastes awful so having a fridge to keep water and beer in was a definite bonus.

The only complaint I have about the room was the desk and desk chair. The chair was too low and to type at the desk I needed to sit on two pillows. Once suitably raised I could not put my legs comfortably under the desk and had to type with my arms outstretched. For a hotel that considers itself a business person’s hotel this is unforgiveable.

The room was made-up every day and always looked very clean. The faucet on the sink needed to be fiddled with to ensure that it was completely shut off. The housekeeper did not do this so the hotel is wasting a lot of water.

On the Tuesday night of my stay my daughter met me after work and we decided to have a drink in the lobby bar. It had been a particularly bad day for both of us and we were quite distracted. We left the bar without paying the bill. When I returned about an hour later I realised my mistake and went in to settle my bill. When I explained my error, the barman’s only comment was “we knew you would be back”.

As I mentioned earlier I availed myself of the b&b option. They charged me an additional €5 for the breakfast. Some mornings it was buffet style while on others it was table service. The meal was always excellent with a good choice of breads and fruit to accompany the hot meal. There was also excellent porridge that I ate every day.

My flight home left at 9:00 am which meant that I needed to be at the airport at 7:00. Since breakfast was not served until 7:00 I enquired about the possibility of adjusting my bill. Of course they did this with no question.

All in all great service and a great room at a fantastic price. If I have call to return to Limerick there is no question where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Ask for 7003, a great room with a nice view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CdnWarthog
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We hope you flight home was comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the South West of Ireland

The George Team

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed overnight wit a friend on the Spring saver deal.Great value.The cupcakes in the room on arrival were gorgeous.The room was lovely & very clean.The staff were so friendly & helpful.The only negative thing i could say us that the rooms were very very warm Sat morning!I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: March 2013
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

dinner and breakfast were included in the price and the staff were friendly and attentive to everyone's need. I highly recommend it.
unfortunately no gym but the surrounding area is lovely for a stroll along the river.
the room decor remind me of the 60's but it is clean and wifi was included too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lauren A

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed for one night on a Friday at the George in a superior room. Upon our arrival the check in was very smooth and efficient. We were extremely pleased with our room which was light, airy and modern. The Cupcakes and personalised greeting card that had been left in the room were very thoughtful, and this added extra surpassed my expectations. We had some expertly prepared cocktails in the bar, which had a great ambience, before heading out for the evening. The room was very quiet for a central Limerick hotel and the bed supremely firm and comfortable. We had breakfast the following morning, where we were swiftly seated in the restaurant and enjoyed a delicious cooked to order breakfast. I would certainly return to the George in Limerick. while we were there we met all limerick roses who were in for lunch and then we also met Dennis Taylor who was staying In the George ,We left the hotel feeling relaxed and pampered after having such a welcome and fantastic stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Cricketireland

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for a night. The hotel was really nice, staff friendly and room was lovely. We had strong wifi connection in the room which was really important for us. We ate in the bar, both of us had the Burger which was really nice and reasonably priced. We had a few drinks as well as there was good atmosphere in the bar. Had a good breakfast in the morning before checking out. Would definitely stay again as it is great location and lovely Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peugeotblue

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.