“Perfect city centre location”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Galway
“Perfect city centre location”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Not the first time I've stayed in this lovely little hotel, and it won't be the last!
Perfectly located in the city centre - walking distance to almost everything.
Friendly staff.
Clean, well appointed rooms. Personally, their beds are just way too soft - but their pillows are perfect.
Driving directions on hotel website are not up to date - neither are their parking directions so just watch out.
And the rate is excellent - best value hotel I've stayed in all year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

Just a note we have updated our driving & parking directions on our website.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Altaf Khan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 April 2013

To complete a 6 day wedding event in West Clare Ireland we booked into the George Hotel right in the centre of Limerick city .
Arriving on a Sunday we didn't envisage any problem off loading our luggage but being unfamiliar we ended driving around the blocks a number of times . The entrance to the hotel is on Shannon Street although the hotel overlooks O Connell Street which is the main thoroughfare of Limerick .
Parking is available in Howleys Quay car park which walking wise is only about 3 minutes from the hotel entrance .We paid in advance for our 3 night stay - very good value at I think 15 Euro.
The George boutique hotel is an open plan design with restaurant , bar area and reception all on one floor .
The food both dinners and breakfast were all excellent and as we have thankfully experienced in so many hotels staff were so friendly and very attentive to their guests . The George hotel ticked all our boxes

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.

Kind Regards

Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

efficient and courteous staff overall . room very clean and serviced daily . food good . "bar prices not conducive to excessive drinking". central location. 15 mins walk to train/bus station for those on foot . pleasant 3 night break.

Room Tip: high floor quiet . excepting fan extractor noise possible at night so keep windows closed based on...

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night , first impression when I walked in to the room was it looked beautiful then I noticed chunks of wood missing from the bed side locker , the bathroom tap was faulty and sprayed water everywhere .
There was no shampoo provided just a soap dispenser on the wall .
A beautiful coffee and tea tray was provided but only enough milk for two drinks .
The room was extremely hot during the night and I couldn't open the window as our room looked out on to o Connell street which was very noisy !!!
It was an average night stay and really not worth the extra price tag compared to other hotels I have stayed in limerick city .
The only plus was the hotel bar great atmosphere great decor and a nice variety of clientele

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on a business trip. Great location, great food and very efficient staff. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good somedays buffet style someday table service served by a lovely lady Malini, who is very professional and efficient. she would remember my room number and would greet me by my name, always with a smile and also remembers that I have tea..very impressive. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant and again was fantastic, tasty food and great service. I would highly recommend this centrally located hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in a comment on your stay at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages us when we get good feedback so thanks a million.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel very soon.

Kind Regards

dublin
Reviewed 9 April 2013

If you are looking for a beautiful welcoming break away from home this is the hotel for you. I stayed here for two nights with breakfast and a dinner. I have a mild physical disability and this hotel really had the facilities that supported me to enjoy my stay as independantly as possible with minimum fuss. It is one of the first hotels I have stayed in that has managed this aspect of my stay so well. The staff were all really friendly and accommodating and any request I had was met. The food both in the bar and restaurant were excellent with great choice and variety for those who want to be healthy or people like me who like to over do it sometimes - it was gorgeous.

Room Tip: For people with a disability the hotel has rooms with wet rooms which are really well equipped
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick and that we could accommodate your needs.

Kildare
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed in this very modern and chic hotel, right off O' Connell Street, excellent location for shopping area and restaurants and bars. Our room was on the 5th floor so we had a good view over the city. Room was very spacious and fresh. We had a special offer meal in the bar/restaurant before going out. food good and value for money. Excellent and friendly staff ! thanks to you all.
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We will probably be back again in the Autumn

Room Tip: The higher the floor - the better view you have.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.