“A Convenient Hotel with some Service and Breakfast Issues”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Midland, Michigan
“A Convenient Hotel with some Service and Breakfast Issues”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Recently, on April 15-16 we spent two nights at the George Hotel. In general we found this place, convenient, very modern, very clean, and extremely quiet. The Bar and Restaurant look excellent and almost brand-new. The entire hotel is certainly attractive and modern.

Our room was located in one of the high floors and was very quiet, somewhat small, but nothing that could bother us. However, we found the breakfast of limited variety in ingredients and not all well prepared. My wife eats porridge everyday, and she was not happy with the one there. There was almost no fruit in the buffet, and all was out of a can.

The staff was extremely nice and helpful, always ready to attend our questions and requests. However, we found some issues with the complimentary computer service. When we arrived, I asked for it, and I was informed that it was in the 5th floor. I went there, and certainly, there was a computer there for use by the guests. But when I tried to use it, it kept crashing, and coming back with set-up or rebooting instructions in POLISH !!!!!!!!!. I speak three languages, but Polish is not one of them.

After repeated attempts to make the computer work, I called the reception desk, and they sent someone to try to fix the problem, and he could not. In view of this they allowed me to use the computers in the reception area. The next day, early in the morning I tried to use the computer as well, and everything was fine, but in the evening it was in POLISH-MODE again.

This problems was never really solved while we were at the George Hotel. Another peculiarity of this place, not really a problem, is the location of the hair dryer. Initially I thought that there was none, but when I called the front desk I was informed that it was in one of the drawers. I had never seen this, a hair dryer stored and permanently wired through a piece of furniture outside the bathroom. However, it did work very well.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank josebenjamin
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests. We have addressed the issues you have highlighted.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Altaf Khan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The hotel was fabulous the rooms were lovely very clean and everything was in tip top shape.. right in the heart of limerick city everything was easily accessible..the staff were lovely and very friendly.. the rooms were massive and we definitely had too much space.. lots of choices of tea to choose from the fiancee had red berry tea smelled and tasted lovely.. would definitely recommend people to stay in.. staying again ourselves in a month

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.

Kind Regards

Birr, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is a lovely hotel right in the centre of Limerick. Our triple room was great and very clean and well able to accommodate 3 adults. There was a great buzz about the hotel and the staff were very helpful. Breakfast consisted of the usual choices of cereals, breads, 'irish' hot breakfast and it was good. I agree with other reviewers that having to put your room card into the lift is a bit annoying. We stayed here during a rugby weekend and I am not sure if it is normal practice, but we were met by 2 bouncers at the door when we returned to the hotel at night. It was a bit off-putting but a least it did give some peace of mind.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

Just a note on the key cards for our lifts and our bouncers, we have implemented these measures to give better security and peace of mind to our guests.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Just returned from a hen party at the George Boutique hotel. Perfect spot for a hen. I had organised the hen party and the hotel could not have made my life easier. So easy to deal with and very helpful. Comfortable rooms. Really nice dinner. Great atmosphere around the hotel. Ideal city centre location. Helpful and friendly staff. Definately a great location if you are planning a hen party or girls night away.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Kind Regards

cork
Reviewed 18 April 2013

stayed here recently.

great location,lovely pleasant staff,rooms were small but ok . some signs of wear and tear in the room i was in but nothing that would put me off.
dont like soap dispensers in the bathrooms of the bedrooms
breakfast was a buffet and was ok not goog not bad ok good selection of foods but the hot food was lukewarm

would recommend the hotel if you want to be city centre

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 16 April 2013

we stayed here on a rugby overnight trip. there was a large group of us and we were all accomadated nicely. the rooms were clean and comfortable. the food was very tasty. and best of all after a night out you can order dominos pizza to your room!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Galway
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Not the first time I've stayed in this lovely little hotel, and it won't be the last!
Perfectly located in the city centre - walking distance to almost everything.
Friendly staff.
Clean, well appointed rooms. Personally, their beds are just way too soft - but their pillows are perfect.
Driving directions on hotel website are not up to date - neither are their parking directions so just watch out.
And the rate is excellent - best value hotel I've stayed in all year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Just a note we have updated our driving & parking directions on our website.