“Friendly staff,Central hotel with a great chef!”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My friend and I stayed only 1 night in late May 2013. I was a bit dubious about staying in the centre of the city but the hotel and all the staff we met, were fantastic.
I had the curry that night at dinner, brilliant and my friend and I both thanked the chef for a great meal. Nothing was too much trouble and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed at the George on June 8th 2013 had a very comfortable stay in a clean room, My only gripe was no fridge in the room for my beer but thats only a minor complaint, Although i didnt eat there this time i have dined there previously and the food is excellent as is the location

Room Tip: Try and book a double i had a single room which was perfect for my needs but some people may find it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

A four star hotel that completely to liked to shine during our stay. I booked the "king" room as I sought some form of luxury. However the room, although fitted with a grand bed, felt like we were truly cast back to the medieval ages. Void of many luxuries that were apparently available, such as the much needed air conditioning; the €90 euro room was a far cry from its stated price. Yet all this may have been overlooked if we were not overcharged by almost €70. On arrival the staff member that greeted us and proceeded the mandatory act of taking my card details in case we use hotel extras. However once in my room I routinely checked my bank account to be perplexed to see almost €70 had been taken out of my account. I immediately contacted my bank and was informed it traced back to the George hotel. I calked down to front desk explosives what happened and offered a lacklustre apology with pitiful excuse " oh yeah he shouldn't have done that". I understand mistakes happen but this mistake is not only inexcusable but quite suspicious. The hotel made no attempt to make up for their blunder and the hotels manner seemed to be "wham bam thank you mam". This distasteful stay dampened our one night visit and we left not feeling as appreciated customers but rather as unwanted extras.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were sent to the George after our hotel overbooked. Can't comment on value for money for the rooms as we had paid to stay elsewhere, but they were certainly of a high quality. The indoor staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a convenient central location. The restaurant had a good variety at reasonable prices for dinner and the buffet breakfast was also good. If you have a car, discounted parking is provided at a local multi-storey. There is an area at the front of the hotel for drop-off of luggage but it was barricaded off and we were told we could not stop there. We had to wheel our luggage from the car park to the hotel in the rain. We found this a disappointment for a hotel that was good in so many other ways but we will still give it a 4 star rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2013

great value, lovely rooms, dinner is fantastic, would like to see more fish thuough on the menu.The staff are so brillaint in this hotel. Re cooked breakfast, it is okay, good do though with decent coffee and better quality bacon, overall excellent value adn highly recommend, i ahve stayed here about 6 times in the lsast few years.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is our second stay at The George this year and both trips have been very enjoyable. It's a very stylish hotel with lovely surroundings. The rooms are very tastefully decorated an d a very good size.
Food is another great plus here with both the dinner and the breakfast scoring very high on our list. Great staff serving you great food in the heart of the city...what more could you want.
Check out the hotels superb value for money deals.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajwilliams11

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in The George Boutique Hotel. We availed of the 4 course dinner with B&B and late check out. I have to say it was absolutely fab, there were cupcakes in our room on arrival, room was fab, overlooking O'Connell St, had lovely drink in bar before we had our dinner and I must say the food was delicious. Following morning we had breakfast before check out and again food was delicious with a wide range to choose from at the buffet. We could not recommend this hotel highly enough for couples. Tres modern and tres clean! I have also stayed in this hotel as part of a two night hen party and again thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing O'Connell Street offer a better view. We didn't experience any level of noise...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.